Thumb Fan

Nov 30, 2008
Hi, i downloaded Andreh Jikh's Cardistry Vol.1 recently. In it he teaches the charlier cut, thumb cut, thumb fan and one handed fan.

His thumb fan tutorial is quite short and sweet. And no matter how much i practice i just can't get a nice even spread the full length of the deck. Obviously it takes practice, and a knack. But i'm not sure if i'm missing something. How long did it take you guys to master this "simple" fan. Am i just slow with it?

Thanks, Fl0urish.

Sep 20, 2008
dunno. few days? but back then i was using plastic cards, and the fans were utter horrible. so maybe your deck is dead, try using a newer deck.

Nov 30, 2008
I'm using a fresh deck, bikes. i can get a pretty even spread for about 50-70% of the deck but then have the rest as excess. Any tips anyone?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Be patient

I've probably worked a month on my thumb fan to make it look half decent. Then it took about another month to get it as good as it is now.

I recommend you get Xtreme Beginners. Jerry has a lot of helpful tips that can improve your fans

Its really one of those moves where you keep practicing it while jamming, and still have a bad fan. It becomes a habit to just randomly fan during practices. And then one day, you look at your fan and realize its pretty good.

Nov 30, 2008
Nah no video, i just love the look of a good fan :) I still need a bti of tweaking to get it as good as i wanted. And then a whole lot of practice to get it looking amazing.!

:D

Sep 1, 2007
another thing that can help make a fan even is to apply tons of pressure with your fingers making the fan. and fanning pow will help it hold together and therefore you can make a bigger shape and it'll still be stable. another option is to just give up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results