Thumb tip options

Aug 30, 2012
I am looking into buying a thumb tip and notice there are so many choices out there. What are some of the higher quality tips to look for?

Apr 17, 2013
I have three different types I use. I have a king sized Vernet that I use like Lonnie Chevrie. I have an old metal one I use from time to time for fun. My ever day worker TT have been a soft vinyl type that is made in Japan. I would have to pick them up from Magi Fest since the local shop only carried the Vernet tips. i'll PM you a link to where I get mine now

Aug 30, 2012
awesome thanks man I wasn't going to ask you since you were already looking into the routine for me but it seems unavoidable. lol

Apr 17, 2013
awesome thanks man I wasn't going to ask you since you were already looking into the routine for me but it seems unavoidable. lol

It's cool I love TT magic. I even have two different editions of 50 tricks with a TT in my collection.

Apr 17, 2013
I have always wanted to get into it. why 2 copies?

I will buy book collections from estate sales. Sometimes you end up with copies of the same book from printings years apart. I have three different editions of Amateur Magician's Handbook, two different printings of EatCT things like that. It's kinda cool to look at the different books to see what changed from printing to printing.

Apr 17, 2013
In one set of books were blotter or mailer for some magicians from the 20's and 30's. One was for John Giordmaine Here is a link to the postcard type thing, http://www.johngiordmaine.com/Page 44.html It was being used as a book mark.

It was something even his own son had never seen.

Aug 30, 2012
Sorry to just be getting back to this but that is so cool. What did you do with it? The marketing behind it is genius!

Apr 17, 2013
I offered it to the collector and the son. They just asked for a scan of it. I have it in my collection of blotters handbills and fliers.

Aug 30, 2012
That must be a heck of a collection. I got my TT by the way. I couldn't get the one you suggested yet it was around 15 after tax so I got a cheap vernet one to practice with till I get the other one

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results