TIMU (today I mess up)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I got a gig last night (first event in months) table hoping at an club... I usually dont do that anymore, but it was nice to do some magic after all this time..

So I started on the first table... everything goes smoothly like “man!! I
still got it!” feeling... I continue to an ACR and then I finish it with a card to mouth...

then the card just fell to the floor... I am like “daduck?!” everybody was laughing because I forgot I had a facemask... facepalm!!

anyway, aside from that, everything went right, but I couldnt believe I forgot about the mask!

have a great week everyone

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks for sharing this story. LOL! There is not a single one of us who has not messed up whether performing for one friend or family member or during a professional gig. People actually like it when we mess up from time to time because it shows we are vulnerable and make mistakes just like them.When we don't take ourselves too seriously, then a mistake can be laughed off and enjoyed as part of the entertainment. It's really good that you made them laugh, even if it was unintentional. We need laughter - specially these days. When I can make people laugh when performing, it is my favorite reaction - even more than applause or stunned silence. Somehow this story reminded me of a quote from the late, great magician, Nate Leipsig: "If they like you, they will like your magic." IMHO, being likable as a magician and making people feel good, is even more important than being skillful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results