Tips for tutorials!

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
While the community is a great place to get information, I highly suggest you research some things on your own. There are some tips for recording on theory11 (link here: http://www.theory11.com/forums/threads/how-to-improve-your-videos-overnight.34197/). Otherwise the best way to learn is to find out for yourself, the different ways you can present, and common themes in other videos. Try it out for yourself and create a video that fits your personal style.

Mar 7, 2015
While the community is a great place to get information, I highly suggest you research some things on your own. There are some tips for recording on theory11 (link here: http://www.theory11.com/forums/threads/how-to-improve-your-videos-overnight.34197/). Otherwise the best way to learn is to find out for yourself, the different ways you can present, and common themes in other videos. Try it out for yourself and create a video that fits your personal style.

I already read that, I am asking for personal tips, not the ones on theory 11. But anyways, thanks.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I already read that, I am asking for personal tips, not the ones on theory 11. But anyways, thanks.

Honestly, you need to ask more specific questions for 'personal tips'

First of all, are you shooting a magic tutorial? Cardistry tutorial?

Asking about cameras to use for shooting?
Best angles to shoot for?
Best way to teach a tutorial video?
What music to use?
Title card?

What are you looking for exactly? I'd like to help, and so would others, but you need more specific questions so we know how and where to help you.

Mar 7, 2015
Honestly, you need to ask more specific questions for 'personal tips'

First of all, are you shooting a magic tutorial? Cardistry tutorial?

Asking about cameras to use for shooting?
Best angles to shoot for?
Best way to teach a tutorial video?
What music to use?
Title card?

What are you looking for exactly? I'd like to help, and so would others, but you need more specific questions so we know how and where to help you.

Cardistry. Tips I am looking for is how can I feel comfortable recording, or how can I improve my tutorials in my way of speaking, my way of acting, etc.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Nop, that is why I'm asking this. I had one but I deleted it by accident. My bad.

I will help you on one condition: You make a video.

Make the best tutorial you can do of how to perform a Charlier Cut. Everyone knows how to do it and what nuances can and should be focused on

With this, we see how you would go about doing the actual tutorial, how you speak, teach, your personal style of teaching--we'll see everything you're doing and critique where we see fit and that should help guide you in the best direction for making your own flourish tutorial.

You will get the best help this way.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Cardistry. Tips I am looking for is how can I feel comfortable recording, or how can I improve my tutorials in my way of speaking, my way of acting, etc.
Again, I'd like to point out that while you can get tips from others it seems like you just need to first practice more. If you feel uneasy recording a video (with or without a script) the only fix for that is practice! You need to keep making (and improving on) your videos, over time you will be used to it and have a professional presentation. Here is a tip (it will not be quick or easy but will definitely help you in the long run): record a video whenever it is convenient (during the weekends, days off, or during your free time). If you can pump out a video every week or every other week you will have a set "practice" schedule. Upload your video to YouTube and paste the link on this thread. From there we can point out what we liked and what we didn't. As you receive feedback you can work to improve certain aspects in the next video. This is a longer process, it will take dedication. However you will get feedback from the community here which will lead to improvement. Let us (or at least me) know what you decide.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I agree with MrHurley. Make a video, post it. Do your best with what you have now, and let us see that one so we know what you need to improve.

Mar 7, 2015
Again, I'd like to point out that while you can get tips from others it seems like you just need to first practice more. If you feel uneasy recording a video (with or without a script) the only fix for that is practice! You need to keep making (and improving on) your videos, over time you will be used to it and have a professional presentation. Here is a tip (it will not be quick or easy but will definitely help you in the long run): record a video whenever it is convenient (during the weekends, days off, or during your free time). If you can pump out a video every week or every other week you will have a set "practice" schedule. Upload your video to YouTube and paste the link on this thread. From there we can point out what we liked and what we didn't. As you receive feedback you can work to improve certain aspects in the next video. This is a longer process, it will take dedication. However you will get feedback from the community here which will lead to improvement. Let us (or at least me) know what you decide.

Thank you for the advice.

Mar 7, 2015
I will help you on one condition: You make a video.

Make the best tutorial you can do of how to perform a Charlier Cut. Everyone knows how to do it and what nuances can and should be focused on

With this, we see how you would go about doing the actual tutorial, how you speak, teach, your personal style of teaching--we'll see everything you're doing and critique where we see fit and that should help guide you in the best direction for making your own flourish tutorial.

You will get the best help this way.

Great recomendation... I will try to do that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results