Tivo 2.1

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
Umm...
Was good, but i could notice i push the card in, you should pratice a little bit more that part. Tri to do it a little more fast, you will see ut becomes naturally smoth.
the rest was fine
nice work

Jot@

Last edited by a moderator:

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
You perform very well. Smooth. Its just the last thing that raises a brow. Ask yourself if you could really do magic and for some reason you only limit yourself to card tricks, would it really be that hard to turn over that card after the color change? It takes very long just to show the card. Laymen will suspect if only subconsciously that it takes you a long long time to show the card, and you had to adjust so much to do it.

That's my only critique. Nice job though.

Nov 10, 2007
Thank you for the feedback I tried several different ways on turning that card over to make it look like I realy turned that card over. That was the best way I came up with so far, if you have any suggestions ona better subtlety to look like I turned that card over please please post a reply or PM me. In your opinion should I delete the video?
Thank You,
Donald

Dec 22, 2007
The trick was kinda unnatural after the color change. Think about it, if you were really doing what you say you were doing, would it really take that long for you to take the card out of the deck?

edit: wow i just said the exact same thing liquidsn said, lol.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
You don't have to take it down. You don't expose anything. I'm just nit-picking, but it is something you should address. Keep playing around with it. I know you want to end clean, that's why you are trying to variate off of the original 2.0 handling. Just go through the actions of performing this but pretend you can do real magic and see what your hands tell you what should happen. Then try to emulate that as closely as you can.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I agree with every one else here. Just try to work out a way speed up the last-card-take-out and it's great. The rest was crazy smooth so good job!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I think you handle the cards smoothly, the variation works, but I agree with Liquidsn. Awkward added time to something that a laymen would sub-consciously think to be a natural action, is when suspicious thoughts are born.

Your variation is actually quite similar to Liquidsn's variation, which I believe is still viewable on his youtube account (same handle).

However, since the pace of your variation is indeed kind of slow, taking a little extra time is not so bad, if it were not for your hand re-adjustments. Since you pass the deck to your right hand after the "snap" and showing the card change (which is a nice clean pause), the moment you pass the deck back to the left hand is when you should pull out and reveal the middle card. If you can eliminate the need to resquare, and re-position your hands before the revelation of the middle card, than I think the time delay becoms a very very minor issue.

Still seems like you are adjusting to the variation in the video, but I am sure you have been working really hard on it after reading the various feedback, so I bet it is a lot smoother now.

Nov 23, 2008
The two TiVo's are incredibly visual transpositions, very strong magic. However, if you wanted to end clean, would the TiVo Transpo not have been a better option?

Oct 13, 2008
@OP:
I like the idea, and I have no doubts that it could be performed smoothly for an audience. You're not here to fool us. Try it once, you'll see.

I think I'll use that myself ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!,
Sun|Sky

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results