Tivo 927451386.0

Aug 5, 2009
Hum ok, thank you. I can't record again ... but I think we can nevertheless see the effect ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 25, 2011
Berlin
Hi Clément²,

I am working on alternate versions of TiVo myself. I like the effect of your version, but I hate the method and never would perform it myself. Anyway, you should keep it up. I'll give you my opinion on all parts of the illusion, take it as constructive critisism =)

The timing, rythm, hand movements and everything else of the cut and shuffle sequence where awesome. I would personally include something more complex to deceive even those who may be familiar with simple concepts. Why not do something like molecule_four_tokio (you seem to own the trilogy)? I personally prefer ferrari_360_spider or mary_jane.

The riffle was properly executed, but I would prefer a dribble since riffling isn't required and dribbling seems more convincing to me.

The second get-ready(36:00) was barely acceptable while the first one(31:00) was the worst part of the effect. Even a layman would notice something going on out of the ordinary. Use a different better technique/angle/execution/whatever or provide appropriate misdirection. This was the part which didn't make it an "illusion".

Do the third get-ready(41:00) BEFORE you insert the card. The last you want the spectator to think is "he inserted the card, then he did something weird with the deck, then the cards changed". This will eliminate all action and make it more straightforward.

I didn't like, that you twisted and manipulated the card directly after the change. You never let go of the cards. Try to always present cards at fingertips (not literally, but make it perceived this way) after executing visual or non-visual sleights.
I would add to subtleties to the change. The first will make your hand wave over the card, rather than touching it. To achieve this insert second and third finger in break as well then push up. It will seem as if your right hand didn't make contact with the deck or any card.
Then, to make it appear as if you merely waved over the cards, try not to move the right hand back, automatically suggesting an insertion. Use your left index finger to bring the card to the correct position. Your right hand should only wave in one direction and immediately show the cards without touching. Think of it as just a straight path. Your left hand will do all the work under cover.

Overall this is a great idea, work on the detail in technique and you will have a wonderful illusion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results