Top 3 Effects from TA You're Most Looking Forward To

Nov 8, 2007
OK, so I've never geeked out this much over a product release, but I completely am for True Astonishments. So if anyone out there is as excited as I am about finding a little wooden box filled with astonishment in their mailbox some time this month, what three effects are you most looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to every single thing on the set--interviews, and all--but if I had to narrow down just three of the effects, I'd have to say:

New Leaf - I'm a huge fan of the original Leaf, and for such a simple effect it's gotten me some of my strongest reactions ever. I can't wait to see what more Paul and Bro have added to this already incredible piece of magic.

Invisible Palm - I know this isn't a new effect by any means, but I've always loved Wayne's handling and presentation of the effect. I've seen some good performances over the years, but Wayne just rocks it. I'm really looking forward to finally working this into my repertoire.

TA Pen - I LOVE money magic. Always excited about bill changes/switches/animations--and supposedly the TA Pen lends a helping hand in all areas. And that bill change in the girl's hand from the preview? Oh yeah, I'm in.

Lots of very cool effects, but if I had to pick just three these are the ones. How about you?

PS - I know this is a completely geeky thread, but I'm just going to wear it on my sleeve--I can't wait for this.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
Naked Strange - I'm really looking forward to how to make Strange Travelers Impromptu.

Dunn’s Deal - An improvement on galaxy! What more can you ask for...!

The New Las Vegas Leaper - LVL even better? Once again what more would you want.

But yeah theres so much on here I am pumped for that it is hard to pick just 3 effects. Plus with all the bonus material, interviews, etc... it's just going to be awesome!

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I am going to put the TA pen up there, I have an idea what it is from the demo, and from the hype it sounds like it should be awesome.
Bleached Blackjack, I love the original version, I didn't think it could get any better.

And finally both of cheng's effects, both looks like trick photography.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Well I guess not, I thought it was. At least it was mentioned on the magic cafe thread. I could have sworn I saw it. Well I will go back to refreshing the trueastonishments.com page in anticipation of review #2 now.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
Well I guess not, I thought it was. At least it was mentioned on the magic cafe thread. I could have sworn I saw it. Well I will go back to refreshing the trueastonishments.com page in anticipation of review #2 now.

Yeah I saw it mentioned there doing a little searching, don't know where they got that from though. Who knows, maybe its an easter egg!

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
One thing I am a bit disappointed about is the price. Now I know this will sound pretty damn selfish, but this much stuff should be much more expensive. I mean I would rather pay another hundred dollars to know that it would not be in the hands of people who will not treat these amazing pieces of astonishment as they should.

Patrick Snowden's Tensegrity looks like it will be sick as well. Thats the balancing thing in the demo.

Honestly everything will be good, and I expect the easter eggs to be no less.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
One thing I am a bit disappointed about is the price. Now I know this will sound pretty damn selfish, but this much stuff should be much more expensive. I mean I would rather pay another hundred dollars to know that it would not be in the hands of people who will not treat these amazing pieces of astonishment as they should.

Patrick Snowden's Tensegrity looks like it will be sick as well. Thats the balancing thing in the demo.

Honestly everything will be good, and I expect the easter eggs to be no less.
Well it was right in the right price range for me. I am just worried about this getting exposed :(

I own the 3 Art of Astonishment books. A version of Tensegrity is in one of them (I'm not home right now so I can't look) but I didn't even know that until someone on the cafe posted that. The one in the TA set is like an upgraded version that can be done anywhere and surrounded. I can't wait for this set!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results