Toy Drive for T11

I was thinking maybe what we could do for Christmas is a Toy for tots and everyone sends a toy to T11 or something I wouldn't mind over seeing the project myself and get the presents to toys for tots. What do you guys think?

Why does Theory 11 have to have one? Won't donating those toys to local toy drives or local Toys For Tots drop off centers be just as helpful?

Will the toys bring children more joy if we send them to charities through Theory 11? I'm really failing to see a point to this.

EDIT: If that came off sounding like I was attacking you or your idea or something, sorry, it wasn't meant to. I just seriously don't see why we need something like this.

Sep 8, 2007
brooklyn
yeh man i think that would be awesome and that alot of people would like to help out and it would be real nice
great idea

Why does Theory 11 have to have one? Won't donating those toys to local toy drives or local Toys For Tots drop off centers be just as helpful?

Will the toys bring children more joy if we send them to charities through Theory 11? I'm really failing to see a point to this.

EDIT: If that came off sounding like I was attacking you or your idea or something, sorry, it wasn't meant to. I just seriously don't see why we need something like this.

It was meant to give us more unity together and feel like a family here at T11. Not that we will be pronouncing the name T11 to the world or looking for retribution in some form. Just something that separates us from other forums and brings us all together on a more personal level. Thats why I came up with this. I have a vision for T11 and I'm pushing for that vision to come true. Hope this clears things up.

Aug 31, 2007
As stated before, sending things THROUGH T11 would be pretty pointless.

Unless we sent simple magic tricks to kids. That would be cool. Obviously we wouldn't send copies of Erdnase, or Revolutionary Card Technique, but those super simple 2-dollar tricks, like thumb tips or color cubes.

No its not pointless just pointless to some. The point of the idea is not just getting toys to kids thats just being simple minded, and not getting my point at all. The point I was making as stated before it was something for us as a group to do together. When mom wants to get everyone together to eat dinner its pointless to you if you just want to eat in the living-room but the point was you eat together as a family but I'm Italian I guess I couldn't expect everyone to understand that. Second it doesn't have to be toys it could be anything I was simply stating we should all do something together for others for the holidays. If your not interested then don't bother jumping in on this thread just to jump on the boat with everyone else unless you have something constructive to add. If you have any other ideas feel free to speak up I'm all ears otherwise I don't see the point in getting involved.

Good idea, and I like your generosity, but I'm not really seeing the connection between this and T11. If we can think up a way to actually make the two come together (like T11 staff offering prizes, or the toys donated are magic items, etc.) then it would probably work well.

Sep 22, 2007
actually, what we could do, is send in a real extreme beginner magic trick or deck of cards to theory11 so little kids can learn a some magic tricks/ thats more of theory11. good idea?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I think if a donation was given and every donation could send a deck of cards with a small trick written and rubber banded around it. I dont have any ideas, something very simple to write and illustrate-something a kid could do with little effort.

Just a little brainstorming...

See these are things I am thinking of I don't always have the best ideas I just want us to give back a little and be creative. Maybe we can start a do it yourself campaign like everyone goes out and does something nice and we talk about giving ideas to others. I don't know.

Brain storming.

Alright look if I can get some kind of response from T11 that would be a great start and let us know our boundaries. Or like I said we can do it ourselves and package a children's magic trick together with a note and report it here that you have done it and that will give us an idea on how much has been given. I don't know. Anyone have any other ideas.

Sep 10, 2007
I like your idea, but it's like everyone says.

HOWEVER, you've just inspired me to think of a new idea. How about instead of sending toys to kids...we send ourselves. We can use T11 as a planning ground, or a sponsor of sorts. I don't know how we are all going to get permission to perform somewhere, but we can think of that later. We can all be assigned to, maybe, a hospital, or a home or something, and be asked to perform there on a specific day.

What do you think of this? This way, we can bring the same happiness to kids involving magic.

We'll see...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results