tricks that look like real magic ( super power)

Aug 21, 2011
like stigmata when i perform it people run away , regeneration , thread , burn notice , exile , lit what else i want to buy an effect but dont know what i have to buy ?

Sep 1, 2007
Dude, this is getting a little tedious. Every post I see from you is asking for more tricks or asking to routine something for you or some variation on the two. I'm not even sure you have your fundamentals down. Do you own a copy of Mark Wilson's Complete Course? Or any books for that matter?

Apr 17, 2013
Dude, this is getting a little tedious. Every post I see from you is asking for more tricks or asking to routine something for you or some variation on the two. I'm not even sure you have your fundamentals down. Do you own a copy of Mark Wilson's Complete Course? Or any books for that matter?

I know there was a book of the month thread started last month but maybe we should put together a list of books we own to give them an idea on what to buy or maybe even put together a small shopping list of books. Then if they take the time to get the books we could answer questions like these with page numbers.

Aug 21, 2011
i perform alot and people ask for more trick and i never do same trick for spectator twice and most of my tricks are my own using sleights i know even the tricks i buy i do them by the way that iam comfortable with , for example queens for mere mortal instead of using be kind change to vanish the card i use the clipshift , i am thinking of buying revoke by gianni vox what do you think ?

Sep 1, 2007
i perform alot and people ask for more trick and i never do same trick for spectator twice and most of my tricks are my own using sleights i know even the tricks i buy i do them by the way that iam comfortable with , for example queens for mere mortal instead of using be kind change to vanish the card i use the clipshift , i am thinking of buying revoke by gianni vox what do you think ?

Okay, I tried being nice and in response I get a whole bunch of words, only three punctuation marks, and nothing even vaguely resembling an answer to my question.

Kid, please stop trying to convince me how skilled you are. I don't react well to people trying to bull**** me. Now please answer my question: What books do you own?

Apr 17, 2013
i am thinking of buying revoke by gianni vox what do you think ?

I can tell you now to save your money on that one. You want something like looks like super powers look in Magic and Showmanship: A Handbook for Conjurers. There is a strong man effect in there.

Brian R.(7)

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2007
I'll give you a direct answer: Crush, sold here at Theory 11. The ungimmicked version is about as visual as you can get, all hands off!

Aug 21, 2011
Okay, I tried being nice and in response I get a whole bunch of words, only three punctuation marks, and nothing even vaguely resembling an answer to my question.

Kid, please stop trying to convince me how skilled you are. I don't react well to people trying to bull**** me. Now please answer my question: What books do you own?
how old are you ? to call me kid ?

Sep 1, 2007
Seriously? That's the way we're going to do things? Fine. I'm twenty-nine. There, I answered your question, now answer my much better one. What books do you own?

Apr 17, 2013
Seriously? That's the way we're going to do things? Fine. I'm twenty-nine. There, I answered your question, now answer my much better one. What books do you own?

Oooh a game I love games I'll go. I'm 34 and I own the following books...

Books on Magic...
Animated Miracles by Mesika
Vortex by Stone
Flashpoints by Marlo
Mnemonica by Tamariz
Gen Grant's Manual of Magic by Grant
Safety Pin Trix by Andrus
Silken Sorcery by Hugard
50 Tricks with a TT. by Chistopher
AL Flosso Presents Out Mysteries by Flosso
Cups and Balls by Osborne
Annemann Card Miracles by Hull
The legendary Hierophant by Racherbaumer
The Card Magic of Le Paul by Le Paul
Encyclopedia of Card Tricks by Hugard
Close Up Card Magic by Lorayne
Stars Of Magic by Various
Card Control by Buckley
The Expert at the Card Table by Erdnase
The Amateur Magicians Handbook by Hay (two different printings)
Close-Up Magic Secrets by Tyler
Three Derek Dingle Lecture notes
Sleight of Hand by Sachs
Magic and Showmanship: A Handbook for Conjurers by Nelms
The Royal Road to Card Magic by Hugard
Expert Card Technique by Hugard
Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic by Wilson
Modern Coin Magic by Bobo
Elliott's Last Legacy by Houdini and Burgess
How to Cheat at Card by Madison
The Original Tarbell Course in Magic by Tarbell (the original mail order set.)
Tarbell Course in Magic by Tarbel (the eight volume set)
Magic in Mind by Joshua Jay
Magician Tricks How They are Done by Hatton and Plate
Complete Cups and Balls by Ammar
Introduction to Card Magic by Giobbis
The Card Magic of Edward Marlo by Marlo

Books on magic and odd performer history...
Extraordinary Exhibitions: Broadsides from the Collection of Ricky Jay by Jay
The Discoverie of Witchcraft by Scot
Celebrations of Curious Characters by Jay
Dunningers Complete Encyclopedia Of Magic by Dunninger
Dice: Deception, Fate & Rotten Luck by Jay
Jay's Journal of Anomalies by Jay

Non-magic books but helps with the craft...
Accidental Genius: Using Writing to Generate Your Best Ideas, Insight, and Content by Levy
Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creativ by Kleon
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking by Hadnagy
The Art of Deception by Mitnick
Game Theory: A Nontechnical Introduction by Davis
Rock, Paper, Scissors: Game Theory in Everyday Life by Fisher

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Hehehe. . . I'm 54 been in the game for 50 years. . . my current magic library is close to 1,000 books and I've read them all at least once, some more than a dozen times (especially the prier texts like Mark Wilson, Tarbell, Corinda, etc.)

Jr. doesn't understand what a book is (or a good trick). . . Listen kid "Crush" is one of the effects I panned in my reviews because it's so impractical. Neat piece to execute under seriously controlled settings but not practical for a working pro. . . not in my experience.

If you don't know your basic slights (and you don't) you're pretty much never going to get anywhere. Get the Wilson Course or better yet, the Bill Tarr Now You See It;Now You Don't books and actually learn how to use your fingers. Once you've got just half of that material down, you'll see for yourself a myriad of ways to do "new" stuff and routine material that flows, etc. After that you just need to learn how to present these routines so they become entertaining and not just showing off.

As to the line about performing for lots of people so you need new material. . . David Copperfield has performed for millions and most of his shows feature routines he's famous for, not "new" stuff. We can say that about the majority of working pros, including those that work in your home town, the unsung heroes of magic that do birthday parties, the comedy clubs, etc. they repeat material constantly because even when they perform regularly and even for the same audience, the proven material still works . . . it's still entertaining.

Not repeating a trick means that at the moment you are performing you don't do the same effect THE SAME WAY twice. . . I repeat a lot of effects but I use different methods each time.

Now let's get real, stop wiggling your butt like a spoilt child, grow up and act at least half-way mature. Rick will help as will the majority of us here BUT, YOU must cooperate and interact in a manner that is respectful, honest, not defensive and down to earth. You can't expect people to treat you with open arms if you act as you have in this thread.

Fact is, you are trying to put the cart before the horse and worse, you're trying to take the "easy" path with things. That won't get you anywhere. LISTEN to what's being said and digest it; we're telling you what you need it's just not what you want to hear.

Sep 11, 2013
I will be 56 next month - Do I win?
I own
Tarbell
Royal Road
Bobo
Corinda.
EATCT
They seem to keep me more than occupied.
And a Number of Mr Browinings writings, Not that I plan on becoming a mentalist but I enjoy the writing. - Thank You.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I will be 56 next month - Do I win?
I own
Tarbell
Royal Road
Bobo
Corinda.
EATCT
They seem to keep me more than occupied.
And a Number of Mr Browinings writings, Not that I plan on becoming a mentalist but I enjoy the writing. - Thank You.

You enjoy my writing?

You poor man. . .

Happy, Happy regardless. . .

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results