Tricks that you have invented

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
one night after hours of TRYING to learn flourishes from trilogy and being unsuccessful, i began to make my own, easy yet veryu visual false cut/flourish
that shall be forever known as " the phenomenal cut"
:)

ive made 2 other tricks
one is a coin through cards/find their card...it uses an entirely different method than every other known way, and in my opinion, much more clean :)

and my other involves 2 decks of cards, and a coin
they pick a card from one deck (while holding onto the other), i take their xcard on my hand, put a coin on it, the coin disappears, and they open the other deck of cards to show the coin somewhere in the deck ontop of 1 card, their selected card

i call this , unless its been taken
"Doubleyou Tea Eff!?"

Shadows

Effect-

The Performer talks of how shadows are really beings of their own. How if you touch something with your shadow, then you can move it just by concentrating hard enough on it. He then calls forward a volunteer who he instructs to sit down in a comfortable armchair. The performer then asks the volunteer to place his arm on the arm of the chair and make himself very relaxed.

The performer then continues on about how shadows can control someone if they are used right. The volunteer then asks if he can see a demonstration, because, he just doesn’t believe him. The Performer then obliges and asks the Spectator(s) to focus on the mans hand. The Performer asks the spectator to concentrate on his hand, and watch as the performers hands shadow moves closer. When the two touch the performer asks if the man can feel anything. The spectators replies “yes, I can feel your shadow rubbing against my arm. Now I can feel it poking me.”

The Flabbergasted (love that word) volunteer is then asked if he wants more proof. He replies in the positive, so the performer obliges. The man is asked to raise his hand off of the chair a few inches. He is told to prepare himself for when the shadow comes across, because this time, it’s going to be very heavy. SO Performer brings his hand over the mans, and he confirms feeling it. Then the Performer is seen to be pressing his shadow down onto the mans hand. The Spectator is then seen to be lowering his hand as if it is being pushed down.

After this amazement, the Performer announces that there is more to come. With his shadow still over the man hand, the performer then asks the man to try and lift his hand. The man invariably cannot lift his hand. The performer then allows the man to be applauded before he asks if he may try something that could be a little scary. The man says that he would love to see, as he finds it hard to top what he has just seen.

At this point in the effect the performer asks the man if he would hold out it arm at arms length. He then talks on about how he want the man to do the exact opposite of what was just done. He wants the man to be very lose, and free with his movements. He then asks the man to shut his eyes, and let’s the audience be the real spectators.

Before the real effect takes place, the Performer patters on about how this time it will be different, he states that his shadow will be making contact with the mans shadow, not his body. After he is done saying this, he takes moves over right in front of the mans shadow. Suddenly, he shoves the shadow, and the man falls down right as the shadows make contact. It seems as if the Performer was right, shadows really are more powerful than we think…much more... [created by my friend and i, he typed this up]

Paralyzed

You have a spectator [no stooges] come up on stage and have them sit in a chair. I explaine to them what is going to happen and if they dont want to participate, they dont have to. Moments later they begin to feel their body becoming extremely heavy and you can actually see them start to slump down into the chair. Their body becomes so heavy they are not able to move. I ask them to move their arm but they cant. They cant even move their fingers. Some people can talk during this, others cant. And with a snap of your fingers they are able to move again. Also, they are not in any type of hypnotic state:D.

Voodoo

you draw a little stick figure on a piece of paper and have a person come up. You have that person them turn around and close their eyes, after their turned around you X out a body part on the drawing [making sure nobody can see it but yourself]. You then ask them if they feel something in a part of their body, sure enough they say they feel something in, lets say their left arm. Sure enough when you show them the card their left arm is X'ed out:D

^My favorites

Heres a couple others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYZKZb1ybzk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S205spxaU2s

Wow, that's amazing. You describe the effects very well, you should get them published somehow, they sound like great mentalist pieces. It's not even mentalism it's like advanced mentalism haha. Again, they sound great.

-RA69

criss angel did the exact same thing on his show...

mind you, they were probably actors lol

Your jumping to conclusions with the whole "Criss Angel already did it" thing. Criss did nothing like these. These are so much better than his little actors and stooges. Ill get vids up here beofre too long so you can see for yourself. I assure you, all of these are done with compltly random people and no pre-arranging is required

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I have a trick i have been working on for 2 1/2 years now.
And its finally got the glitches out.

So here it is.

ANOTHER HOVERCARD!!

But wait.. Whats different about this?

Well..

picture this..
I have someone sign a card *any card*
And they place it on top of the pack face up.. Or even on top of the box.

I Strain my brain with concentration. And slowly.. Very slowly. The card starts to hover above the deck/box

Then, I snap my fingers and the card starts to spin faster and faster.
Wiht a final snap it slowly lowers itself and Comes to a stop. Everything can be examined.

~Jordan

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
OH BOY, here we go.

I've invented about 50 effects in the past two years. And here they are... sort of.

Thanks a bunch! Oh man, where to start???

In 2005 I wrote Tricklets, which is made up of original card magic, a new coin vanish, an effect with a pretzel, a Miser's Dream with batteries, and two colour changes.

Next I wrote How Bizarre, which was a book of street magic. It contains a complete vanish of a Sharpie marker, summoning a spirit with a tape recorder, coughing up a full size pen visually, making a SIGNED coin vanish and reappear frozen in ice, use your mind to shake up an untouched can of pop, and finally a new self levitation gimmick idea.

Following, I wrote Mad About Magic which was a book of parlour magic. It contains a Goin and Glass routine, a Sharpie production from a deck of cards, a n envelope preditction effect, a stupid peek technique (mainly for laughs), A Coin and Silk routine, and a new Card Crimp.

Then, NO ENTRY Came along which is a signed card to taped-shut pocket. Basically, your pocket is taped shut with duct tape and a signed card appears inside despite the impossible tape factor.

How Divine was an impromptu mentalism effect in which a card merely thought-of by a spectator totally vanishes from one half of the deck and reappears in the other half. The cards are even counted by the spectators the whole time who find that indeed a card is gone from one pile and reappeared in another. This effect will appear in the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

Next came PAIN: Suffering For Your Art. It is a book of geek magic including a cocktail sword swallow, a coin into eye effect, stabbing your arm with a pen, and eating a CD.

The Tic-Tac Book was next, and I wrote it with Raymond Vasquez early this year. It is a book of magic using only Tic-Tacs.

Deadly Disk Deceptions is a book of hard-hitting original coin magic including a visual Coin Through Car Window and even 5 new coin vanishes. The effects here will be published in an ebook called COINifications at a later date

Negative Image is an effect in which two "undeveloped negatives" of two decks develop... sort of like photos. The back of a selected card, an oddbacked card anyway, has also developed! This one will appear on the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

Launch Pad is an impossible rising card, in which the signed card actually leaves the deck and levitates up ovr 20 feety over the spectator's heads!

Simplex ACAAN: My simple take on the sought-after ACAAN plot.

Sense of Touch: One of my first creations... it's a force... it's a control... it's a revelation... it's a production... it's an impossible mentalism stunt... it's the perfect add-on to a Memorized Deck routine... It's everything rolled into one single technique that has fooled such greats as Hiawatha! This will appear on the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

Suspended Triumph: A Triumph effect in which the spectator gets to mix the cards in a fair, showy, and entertaining manner. This is set to appear on the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

808: The magician has a card selected, boldly signed, and very fairly shuffled into the deck by a spectator. All the while, there has been another deck, brand new with a seal and cellophane wrapper, just sitting on the table with not even a glance from the magician. However, a spectator or two may take a glance, catching the glisten of the cellophane in the corner of their eye, and wonder why it is there. What is its purpose?

The magician attempts to find the card, failing right in front of the spectators who are trying to hold back a smile. After a few more tries, the magician searches the entire deck in a fit of frustration just looking for the missing signed card. However, it is found to be gone. There’s no logical reason for this, but since the magician hates to use an incomplete deck he decides to open the brand new one that has been sitting on the table the entire time. He gently yet rapidly tears off the cellophane covering and carefully breaks the familiar Bicycle brand deck seal. He slowly removes the deck and spreads it on the table with care. In the centre of the deck, a singe card seems out of place. In a curious attempt to remove this card from the deck, it is discovered to be the spectator’s signed card. Ahh, so THAT’S where it went.

KEEP IN MIND:

- No Palming
- No Duplicates
- No Gimmicks
- Sealed Deck NEVER Leaves Sight At All
- Seal AND Cellophane Still Intact
- Everything is Totally Examinable Including The Card Case

And that's the lot. any questions or comments?

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
OH BOY, here we go.

I've invented about 50 effects in the past two years. And here they are... sort of.

Thanks a bunch! Oh man, where to start???

In 2005 I wrote Tricklets, which is made up of original card magic, a new coin vanish, an effect with a pretzel, a Miser's Dream with batteries, and two colour changes.

Next I wrote How Bizarre, which was a book of street magic. It contains a complete vanish of a Sharpie marker, summoning a spirit with a tape recorder, coughing up a full size pen visually, making a SIGNED coin vanish and reappear frozen in ice, use your mind to shake up an untouched can of pop, and finally a new self levitation gimmick idea.

Following, I wrote Mad About Magic which was a book of parlour magic. It contains a Goin and Glass routine, a Sharpie production from a deck of cards, a n envelope preditction effect, a stupid peek technique (mainly for laughs), A Coin and Silk routine, and a new Card Crimp.

Then, NO ENTRY Came along which is a signed card to taped-shut pocket. Basically, your pocket is taped shut with duct tape and a signed card appears inside despite the impossible tape factor.

How Divine was an impromptu mentalism effect in which a card merely thought-of by a spectator totally vanishes from one half of the deck and reappears in the other half. The cards are even counted by the spectators the whole time who find that indeed a card is gone from one pile and reappeared in another. This effect will appear in the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

Next came PAIN: Suffering For Your Art. It is a book of geek magic including a cocktail sword swallow, a coin into eye effect, stabbing your arm with a pen, and eating a CD.

The Tic-Tac Book was next, and I wrote it with Raymond Vasquez early this year. It is a book of magic using only Tic-Tacs.

Deadly Disk Deceptions is a book of hard-hitting original coin magic including a visual Coin Through Car Window and even 5 new coin vanishes. The effects here will be published in an ebook called COINifications at a later date

Negative Image is an effect in which two "undeveloped negatives" of two decks develop... sort of like photos. The back of a selected card, an oddbacked card anyway, has also developed! This one will appear on the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

Launch Pad is an impossible rising card, in which the signed card actually leaves the deck and levitates up ovr 20 feety over the spectator's heads!

Simplex ACAAN: My simple take on the sought-after ACAAN plot.

Sense of Touch: One of my first creations... it's a force... it's a control... it's a revelation... it's a production... it's an impossible mentalism stunt... it's the perfect add-on to a Memorized Deck routine... It's everything rolled into one single technique that has fooled such greats as Hiawatha! This will appear on the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

Suspended Triumph: A Triumph effect in which the spectator gets to mix the cards in a fair, showy, and entertaining manner. This is set to appear on the upcoming CARDifications DVD.

808: The magician has a card selected, boldly signed, and very fairly shuffled into the deck by a spectator. All the while, there has been another deck, brand new with a seal and cellophane wrapper, just sitting on the table with not even a glance from the magician. However, a spectator or two may take a glance, catching the glisten of the cellophane in the corner of their eye, and wonder why it is there. What is its purpose?

The magician attempts to find the card, failing right in front of the spectators who are trying to hold back a smile. After a few more tries, the magician searches the entire deck in a fit of frustration just looking for the missing signed card. However, it is found to be gone. There’s no logical reason for this, but since the magician hates to use an incomplete deck he decides to open the brand new one that has been sitting on the table the entire time. He gently yet rapidly tears off the cellophane covering and carefully breaks the familiar Bicycle brand deck seal. He slowly removes the deck and spreads it on the table with care. In the centre of the deck, a singe card seems out of place. In a curious attempt to remove this card from the deck, it is discovered to be the spectator’s signed card. Ahh, so THAT’S where it went.

KEEP IN MIND:

- No Palming
- No Duplicates
- No Gimmicks
- Sealed Deck NEVER Leaves Sight At All
- Seal AND Cellophane Still Intact
- Everything is Totally Examinable Including The Card Case

And that's the lot. any questions or comments?
where can i get these books

Tricks Ive invented

Ive invented a few effects, the most common that I do are T.B.M. (Top, Bottom,Middle). and The Changeling( same name as another effect I know but didn't at the time).

Then there is one in development called Teleport.

I love inventing effects.

My best was an impromptu Rising Card inside the box.

A CIB which is borrowed, can be used with a signed coin or any small object and can be bigger than the mouth of the bottle with water in the bottle. Almost impromptu.

A variation on the Bertram Change.

Also, I'm working on a trick where you take an empty gum packet, slide it through it's sleeve, and it's full again.

i created a trick back in Summer called "Back in Time", were u pick a card

#2- then its visually put back into the dek.

#3- then have him hold the deck

#4- then i have him close his eyes, and imange back when Houdini was around, the smell of the place, the feel of the place, the look.

#5-while im still doing the Hypnotism thing i have him imange pcking a card and seeing it, then Houdini burts into flames.

#6- then i have him wake up and to see that the olny card in to the deck thats different is his now aged card!

BTw- u can perform this with as much people in the same area watching the trick too, in fact i recommend it!& my cousin freaked right after that...saying right after that to very adult out in the living room {like 5} "..he sent me back in time!...". {BTW my hes a teenager}

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results