Trilogy

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey, i wanted to know... should i get the trilogy by dan and dave?

This is my info... I have been in magic, and bought from E and T11.

Well, i really like card magic, i am all about changes. I just wanted to let you know what i really like... so you woould know ifi should get trilogy. Well, anybody who has it tell me pros and cons, thanks.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
If it appeals to you, get it. Watch some previews and read some reviews on it. Then decide. It's somewhat advanced, so you'll be in for a challenge. In my opinion, it's one of the best DVDs out there today.

-Kevin

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
If you've only gotten things from t11, and E you probably shouldn't get it, because it is very advanced[All Flourishing, and Sleight of hand.]
But if you have a understanding of Sleight of hand, and have looked into books, you should be happy with your purchase.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The magic in Trilogy is very fast, visual, flourishing. Not my style, feels to showoffy and throwaway to me for the most part, I'd never use any of the effects, but that's just cause of my style. Flourishing is fairly advanced, if you've been into flourishing less than a year, I'd say wait and don't get it. You can get it now, you'll just spend several months longer than you need to getting the flourishes.

Dec 16, 2008
Maryland
If you are devoted, it'll be worth it. But if you already have a certain style that your working on and flashy is not a part of it, you might want to steer clear. For me the tricks were pretty hard to get down but with a little work i got them. As for the flourishes, I've had it over a year, and still cant get Pandora (mostly from giving up) but other flourishes are easier to get and look REALLY good.

I don't recommend starting out with the Trilogy if you are a beginner. Why? Check out this post. Besides that, before you purchase I suggest you do some research and pull up several different flourishing DVD's, look at the various different styles, and choose which one appeals most to you. Other flourishing DVD's include Daniel Madison's Motion (on Dangerous) and D&D's System.

Nov 19, 2008
pros:
visual
modern
fast
perfect for modern audiences
only requires a deck of cards

cons:
not everything is entirely practical
fairly advanced
some of the flourishes require a high skill level (jackson five)

I guess thats all but overall I reccomend this and I have been into magic for about a year now.

Nov 10, 2007
I love the card effects on the Trilogy although I have not seen all the effects because I pick the ones I like from either here are DanandDave.com
My favorites:
Deja Vu
The Queens
Tivo 2.0

Dec 12, 2008
I agree with Between the Sun and the sky. I only have the everythingelse dvd. I know most of the tricks on the trick dvd. But if you were getting just one get the last one. It is basically just a ton of tricks, sleights, and flourishes packed together. There is also a flourishes 101 section where they teach you more basic flourishes.
I would get the third one if I were you.
Or wait for the fourth (dananddave.com, not here) and get that one. It is supposed to have over 50 tricks, flourishes, and sleights in it.

Buy it. You won't believe what you're getting.
I got tricks, the first one, and I am still working on the material, several months later.
Plus, the tricks are pretty good for close up magic, and are (for the most part) impromptu. Otherwise, you can easily find a way to set up.

Nov 2, 2008
Definitely get it if you like the trailer. I just got it recently, im fairly new to magic and its pretty hard, but fun at the same time. Yea Jackson 5 is hard and Pandora and a few others, but theres also some basic flourishes like akira and eko and mecka. The tricks are also sweet, they require alot of practice but for the most part arent too difficult, everything else is just sweet too, lots of sleights that are quick and visual. I'm kind of overwhelmed on what to practice theres a rediculous amount of stuff and i can only practice so much at a time... not to mention andthensome and avenue coming out (hopefully) very soon... luckily its winter break so I can practice alot

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results