Triumph

Jan 16, 2014
California
So I've been looking through all the triumph routines to find one that seemed suited to my abilities and style and i came across several ideas that I began putting into practice.

I am wondering though who developed the move? Because I've simply heard and seen them performed but i would love to know the originator.

The triumph I am wondering about is in bullet points something like this.
-card selected
-controlled to the bottom
-card is given a half pass to flip it over
-2 packets are made shuffling with the cover of the flipped card to give the illusion of 2 packets being shuffled face to back when they are intact being shuffled normally.

The only thing that came to my mind when i heard of this was someone with an L in their name...
Any ideas?

Apr 17, 2013
So I've been looking through all the triumph routines to find one that seemed suited to my abilities and style and i came across several ideas that I began putting into practice.

I am wondering though who developed the move? Because I've simply heard and seen them performed but i would love to know the originator.

-card selected
-2 packets are made shuffling with the cover of the flipped card to give the illusion of 2 packets being shuffled face to back when they are intact being shuffled normally.

The only thing that came to my mind when i heard of this was someone with an L in their name...
Any ideas?
Send me a PM it sounds a like like a version put out a few years ago

Aug 16, 2011

-card selected

Any ideas?

It seems that a few of your questions were left unanswered. The creator of 'Triumph' was Dai Vernon aka The Professor. You can see the original publication in the book 'Stars of Magic' along with other great effects. I highly recommend picking it up.

Also, a great DVD to check out is called 'TRIUMPH' starring Oz Pearlman and can be found on another popular magic site *waddle waddle* ;) It goes over the original Triumph effect, as well as several other Triumph variations, including something similar to your bullet points.

Jul 13, 2010
I think he didn`t want to know who invented the original Triumph, but the shuffle/display sequence he described above.
From the description it could be the Goodwin/Jennings display, and can be found (I think) in "Up in smoke" by Larry Jennings/William "Bill" Goodwin under "New Outstanding Triumph" (I cannot confirm) and John Bannons "Dear Mr. Fantasy" (which I can confirm).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results