Truffle Shuffle

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
hey guys, i was wondering about the truffle shuffle from D&Ds site.
it seems great, but i was wondering how hard it was, and if it is as good as it looks.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Yes, it is man.. The explanation is really good, and this is the most deceptive riffle shuffle I have ever seen its awesome..

Sep 1, 2007
This is a great utility. I honestly don't use stacks that much, but I've found that it really helps to have a good false shuffle, even if you're just retaining top stock or something.

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I personally think it looks better at different angles then others but is better then any other but can be performed at any angle if needed, its still the most realistic looking false shuffle I know versus others which require strip outs after the fact or extremely bizarre angles.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
How does it compare to the Heinstein Shuffle? Harder, easier, better, worse?
In one word, "different"... it's not "better" or "worse"... It might be a bit harder. It depends on your style, I guess. I don't like the start of the shuffle for the Heinstein as I find it a bit unnatural for me... it just feels uncomfortable. The Truffle Shuffle mimics the way I normally shuffle so there's no need to change grips. The Heinstein is a bit better in the "angles" department but not so great in the "amount of moves" department.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I regularly use the heinstein in my performances, Its a great shuffle and provides more cover than truffle, however what Shanku said is right, and there is a few moves that need to be performed for a false one shuffle sequence.

Ultimately it is why you prefer, If I was new to this, I would use the truffle as a basis and maybe the heinstein if you want a step up and maybe more cover.

In general

Heinstein = more cover, more moves, more expensive, more difficult.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Is it me, or the truffle shuffle looks alot like Benjamin Earl's false riffle shuffle on his Past Midnight DVD ?

I've been gone for like a month, and I even know that there's already been discussion on this! :eek: It was even addressed by Derek himself, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe not directly on this forum, but I'm pretty sure somebody quoted him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results