Two of Hearts routine

Sep 25, 2018
Hi all,

My girl’s birthday is coming up in August, and as a special something I wanted to post myself doing a magic routine for her that involved the Two of Hearts card, and for the routine I wanted all of the cards to change to Two of Hearts cards. However, I’m not sure where would be a good resource to look for something like this. I was thinking a Svengali deck, but I’m not sure if any use a Two of Hearts. (I’m still quite new to magic, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!) :)

Reactions: craigpalms37
Mar 17, 2020
Purchase a one way force deck of 2H may have to call around and ask if any are available.
If you are sitting across from her at a table... have the one way deck in your lap face up.
Start something with the normal deck to show different faces without stating the obvious.
Once you are ready to go into your last piece force her the 2H using your favorite method. (check the criss-cross force)
Ask her to sign her card and as she is doing this you switch the normal deck for the ones in your lap (2H)
When she places her signed card back into the one way force deck you can end however you wish for the reveal.

Find out what her favorite card is and use it in the routine.

Creative Resources:
Jay Sankey Firestarters this dvd is packed with “romantic” material. Some remarks are PG13 However you can gain some tips after watching this dvd that will open your mind to create your own special piece that you created just for her.

Reactions: TwoofHearts
Dec 22, 2019
There are some cool effects where the spectator chooses a cards and then you show that all the other cards except for the chosen one are white. You can do it with minimal slights by using a one way force or blank deck and a different card which could be the Two of Hearts.

Mar 17, 2020
Hi all,

My girl’s birthday is coming up in August, and as a special something I wanted to post myself doing a magic routine for her that involved the Two of Hearts card, and for the routine I wanted all of the cards to change to Two of Hearts cards. However, I’m not sure where would be a good resource to look for something like this. I was thinking a Svengali deck, but I’m not sure if any use a Two of Hearts. (I’m still quite new to magic, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!) :)

My best advice for you is to read all the books you can...the real secrets are found in books.
Some of my early books I started with (and still at times go back to) are:

(Not in order of importance)
-The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue (book)
-Mark Wilson’s complete course in Magic
-Tarbell Course in Magic
And below is a more recent book that will help improve you as a performer
-Maximum entertainment by Ken Weber

I also suggest if you are a new to magic fine a professional mentor. Find somebody who is successful at what they do and reach out for guidance. They will be honest with your skills and tell you what you need to do. Which is why I suggested the books above because every professional no matter who they are, is going to suggest reading magic books.
My mentor growing up was Stuart McDonald. I took his magic lessons and later on performed shows at his haunted house to gain more experience on stage. I rode with him and his wife to Columbus magi-fest and watched him from backstage. It was a great experience and you can learn a lot from his showmanship.

Hope this helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results