Ulmen?

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Please no discussion of "Are the trials a gimmick? Are they not?" here, that will only lead to argument.

Rick, according to De'vo no one has completed the Ulmen Trials yet.

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
I wish they would publish what all the trials are, not just the first nine or whatever, I think then more people would practice and maybe compete in them.

also i think some of the parts are kind of harsh, like having to do water elementals in a freezing cold lake, sounds like a recipe for disaster lol! but they are no more a gimmick than anyone's trials... for example, I could make "the trashmanf trials" right now.

You have to do 8 perfect shuffles in each hand to restore a deck to original order, creating a one-handed giant fan every two shuffles. then simulatneous one-handed springs without dropping a card.

anyone that completes the trashmanf trials will not get a medallion, but I'll give em 100 bucks and a "prestige" set of gold and silver bicycle poker-sized cards. any takers?

Sep 2, 2007
Please no discussion of "Are the trials a gimmick? Are they not?" here, that will only lead to argument.

Rick, according to De'vo no one has completed the Ulmen Trials yet.

-Vince
Sorry, for not elaborating, what I meant by that was, there was a slight change made to the trials during that time, so what I meant was that even after the rule change, no one completed them, oh, and because of that change, De'Vo had to repreat challenges 1 through 4 and he breezed through them.

Sep 2, 2007
Hong Kong
What I find a bit stupid is the requirement of "creating a self standing sculpture" that is unique to you.

Let's pretend you found the most creative people in the world and they figure out about 10-15 ways to create a "new" SSS. That's giving the benefit of the doubt considering there aren't that many ways to have a SSS due to gravity constraints (A Triangle / Square the most basic structures)

Which means, for the future after that, no one else would be able to progress pass that step. Get what I mean?

Also, has Jerry ever attempted the trials? I've never heard stories of that, which is sort of interesting since he's De'vos good friend.

Sep 2, 2007
What I find a bit stupid is the requirement of "creating a self standing sculpture" that is unique to you.

Let's pretend you found the most creative people in the world and they figure out about 10-15 ways to create a "new" SSS. That's giving the benefit of the doubt considering there aren't that many ways to have a SSS due to gravity constraints (A Triangle / Square the most basic structures)

Which means, for the future after that, no one else would be able to progress pass that step. Get what I mean?

Also, has Jerry ever attempted the trials? I've never heard stories of that, which is sort of interesting since he's De'vos good friend.

Really i know a guy who made a pentagon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results