Ultra Gum (In-Depth Review)

Feb 12, 2011
At my Computer
I saw in the demo that each time he does the effect the gum pack is full and then when the gum is popped out there is a hole. Can you repeat this after you pop that first one out because clearly you can't put the gum back in so basically what im saying is do you have to buy a new pack of gum every time you do the effect in the demo?

Aug 1, 2009
If you want a full pack of gum than yes you need a new pack each time you pop one out. But, they do show a messy pack version where pieces can be missing from the pack and honestly it pretty much delivers the same impact to your spectator. It's a super super great effect though.

MagicofAdam pretty much said it all! You cannot use the same gum "bubble" again, but you CAN use the same package again. Personally, I think a pristine pack of gum is somewhat rare to laypeople, so actually having a "messy pack" may actually make the gum pack look even more natural. And yes it is a "super super great effect" haha.

Mar 15, 2015
Very late to this party, but I just purchased this effect from my local magic shop yesterday (yes, a real walk-in magic shop, that I only discovered a few months ago, and I think they might carry Theory 11 decks? Not 100% positive though.) after seeing and reading much about this online. I watched the entire DVD last night and, as with other Sanders' effects I have purchased, the explanations on the DVD are very, very, VERY well done.

I went to a Walgreens today to pick up some gum packs (not a big gum buyer the last few years), and was very surprised to not find any of the types of packs in the video. I did find a similar type of gum pack, but it appears to be a "NEW" version of gum packs lacking the foil seal, so I'm very curious to see if it will work.

I do know another source for the foil sealed type packs, as it was the reason I purchased the effect, but I'm not 100% positive how they will work out in the end due to a slight difference in their case design from the ones I saw in the demo.

Anyway, sorry for bumping a way older thread, I'm just excited to be finding new effects (to me), and glad to be in a community that seems to be pretty active all around and thought this effect be of interest to some that missed it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results