www.youtube.com
Creator: Finix Chan
Publisher: Skymember Presents
MSRP: $ 20
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 30 min

Type of effect: sealed deck tricks / color change

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Chewing gum is a basic prop that has been used by most magicians as a trick and will continue to be used in the present. Finix Chan has come out with this visual wonder involving a sealed pack of gum. With the blessing and permission from Alan Rorrison, we are proud to present to you "Uncaged".

Imagine this, you will present two sealed packs of gum to the spectator and then ask he or she to select one between them. The chosen pack of gum will be kept in the spectator's back pocket. Then, the switch is visually happening in front of the spectator's eye with gentle rubs on the gum pack. Now, the spectator is asked to take out the pack of gum from their back pocket. What the spectator will find out is the packs of gum have been swapped. The trick looks so simple, but the effect hasn't ended yet. Just before the spectator can digest this impossible moment; the next level of the switch is completed by the magician doing some magical gesture. It also switched the gum sticks inside those gum packs which were completely sealed the whole time. The best part? Everything can be handed out right away for examination.

Variations that you will learn:
Rub Change: Simply rub the pack of gum and the flavor will change.
Touch Change: The change that happened in the spectator's hand.
Frosty Mind: Illusion of two gum transpo.
Feather in the air: A stick of gum visually appeared at the top of the pack of gum.

How accurate is the ad copy? This is exactly what happens, no deception

What's in the box? aDVD

Key points: This effect is taught using "5" gum - I would guess because the box is very similar to a tiny deck of cards. Think of 5 gum as a very thin tuck case with cellophane wrap. So in the end it's kind of a sealed deck trick - with new window dressing. It's a variation on a sealed deck of cards only with a pack of gum. That said, you're limited to the types of gum you could buy. But I suppose this same trick would work with cigarettes or anything that comes in a similar cardboard tuck.

How are the production values: like other Skymember Presents videos. No audio, you never see the performers face, no live performances and all of the teaching is done through sub titles in broken English.

Is it well made: You will build your own gimmick for this trick

Is it well taught: Naturally I'd prefer to see the instructor and listen to his own voice and of course see live performances, so... it's kind of on the other end of the scale for me, but it gets the job done.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I liked that this was a new approach to the old sealed deck idea.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" You typically use two packs of gum and a gimmick.

Does it "play big?" Nice reactions, the use of 5 gum makes the trick relatable and very relevant.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) absolutely, very few angles and no crazy yoga posses.

Overall score: 8/10 I did like the video but would have preferred stronger instruction.

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results