Underground?

Underground or Not Underground

• Underground

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • not Underground

Votes: 29 61.7%

• Total voters
May 10, 2008
I thought that by "Underground" it reffered to the style of magic in which Theory11 practiced. Underground Magic is magic that does not need ridiculous patter and along with some other traditions...

Hence look at the d+M Artist Manifesto's.... Isn't that what the "Underground" part of theory11 mean?

Or am I just wrong?

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
"Underground", in it's nature, is one of those very loosely defined terms that is thrown around a lot with no clear consensus by the users of the word.

And yes, of course they utilize the term underground as a marketing technique. They are a business. You can't really attack them for trying to make money by using words like "underground" because it may be unethical. As far as I'm concerned, they care about what they make, they have very mature and genuine public relations, and I don't think they misuse the word "underground" in an unethical way.

It's the easiest thing in the world to attack something. Sure, they make plugs all the time, but let's not forget that JB sarcastically follows all of his plugs with, "That's totally not a plug." :D

</rant.2>

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results