unfairness. (no, not regarding kickstarter pages)

Jan 11, 2011
hello guys.

This regards 'the.Wire'.

I know this should be in the Wire board, but I really need your view on this topic. (don't worry, I'm not advertising myself here)

Do you think that theory11 is fair to 'advertise' certain products? For example, there are quite a number of facebook posts on the theory11 page (posted by theory11), advertising Wire products from certain artists.

This includes artists like Shin Lim, whose effect Flawless was advertised quite heavily then. And not to mention Michael's stuff, like BIRDBATH and Tumblr.

If t11 advertises these, wouldn't it make it unfair to the rest of the artists? (who may have effects equally good but do not get extra help on advertisement) I think the.Wire should be a level playing ground, and that the Charts on the page should be enough to tell us what is good and what is crap.

Before anyone assumes the wrong stuff, I want to mention that I am a huge fan of theory11 and this thread is by no means promoting hate against t11. I just want to get an answer, since there must be a reason why this is done. I myself have not posted any stuff on the wire (although I will be soon, for free) I just really feel that this is unfair.

Do let me know what you think!

again, please don't hate on me for this.

Thank you and have a great day.

josea.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
To clarify on this,

We don't post about every single effect released on the Wire, as you all would be sick of hearing it from us. We do, however, make a big deal about some of the new releases that climb the charts exceptionally fast. We try to mention #1 spots and anyone who makes a home out of the top charts. If your trick earns itself to that position we only feel it right to feature it.

We aren't the deciding factor in who gets featured. You are by viewing and purchasing Wire effects.

Hope that clears things up.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
hello guys.

This regards 'the.Wire'.

I know this should be in the Wire board, but I really need your view on this topic. (don't worry, I'm not advertising myself here)

Do you think that theory11 is fair to 'advertise' certain products? For example, there are quite a number of facebook posts on the theory11 page (posted by theory11), advertising Wire products from certain artists.

This includes artists like Shin Lim, whose effect Flawless was advertised quite heavily then. And not to mention Michael's stuff, like BIRDBATH and Tumblr.

If t11 advertises these, wouldn't it make it unfair to the rest of the artists? (who may have effects equally good but do not get extra help on advertisement) I think the.Wire should be a level playing ground, and that the Charts on the page should be enough to tell us what is good and what is crap.

Before anyone assumes the wrong stuff, I want to mention that I am a huge fan of theory11 and this thread is by no means promoting hate against t11. I just want to get an answer, since there must be a reason why this is done. I myself have not posted any stuff on the wire (although I will be soon, for free) I just really feel that this is unfair.

Do let me know what you think!

again, please don't hate on me for this.

Thank you and have a great day.

josea.

Before you complain about things being unfair with the wire, ask yourself if being a part of it is a right or a privilege.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Before you complain about things being unfair with the wire, ask yourself if being a part of it is a right or a privilege.

I don't think that you should start that argument. First of all, even if it is a privilege, Theory11 made it for an equal opportunity for all to get their effects out. I believe that Theory11 would agree with me in saying that they try and make it as fair as possible, but making it sound "threatening" like that is not their point. They made it for the betterment of the community, don't put it in terms of "rights" and "privileges".

I do though agree with Lyle's comment. They really only post the things that get to the number one spot, and they get there for a reason.

Feb 7, 2011
I don't think that you should start that argument. First of all, even if it is a privilege, Theory11 made it for an equal opportunity for all to get their effects out. I believe that Theory11 would agree with me in saying that they try and make it as fair as possible, but making it sound "threatening" like that is not their point. They made it for the betterment of the community, don't put it in terms of "rights" and "privileges".

I do though agree with Lyle's comment. They really only post the things that get to the number one spot, and they get there for a reason.

I have to disagree. The wire is completely and utterly a privilege for those who wish to use it, and they should be grateful as im sure the majority are. I think Lyle answered all other questions perfectly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results