Upgrade presntion for Tony chang Change

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I thought the trick itself was decently done. It generally makes sense. I didn't really understand that ten of spades thing. Ok, the deck changes from a double backed deck to a normal deck - that's pretty good so far. But I don't understand the last bit - it seems like a very weak kicker.

One thing you can work on is your presentation. So you've created a presentation, you've done a good job there - but don't forget to actually rehearse the thing! It sounded sloppy, and it sounded like you were unsure of what you were going to say next. For a first run through it was good, and the premise is fine, but you basically need to practice a whole lot more. As I said, for a first run through it was good, but it's not even close to performance worthy at the moment, mostly because of the presentation and partly because you don't look like you're sure of what you're doing.

It's probably also worth checking out Daniel Garcia's double backer routine in his Daniel Garcia Project Vol. 1 (I think), which looks and feels quite similar, though the handling is different.

Just curious, though - did anyone find that "funny"? I think I missed something.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
How is this an upgrade? It's the exact same presentation Tony uses in the ChanGe video, except Tony uses a Joker and not a 10 of Spades as the card on the table, which makes more sense. Personally I thought the change was done well, but the handling of the deck up to that point seemed fidgety and nervous.

Prae - The way Tony Chang does it is that he's showing that the cards have only backs, naming off cards, "That's the 4 of clubs ... 7 of diamonds ... Oh, that's the Joker, we don't need that" *tosses the card to the table* ... then he does the rest of it, changes the cards so there's fronts and backs, then picks up the joker and shows it has changed as well. It seems like not much, but when I've done it, it seems to really drive home that I've changed all the cards right in front of them. When I use this bit, I go from this into his DVR routine, since the Joker is right there.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Sorry, didn't like it. The trick isn't really designed to be drawn out that long. When Tony goes off and names a few of the double backed cards, he does it very swiftly making good use of the "showing of the backs" subtlety, but he doesn't draw it out too long, thus keeping it as natural as possible. In addition, he has justification for tabling one of the cards, by saying he doesn't need the joker. In your version however, there is no real justification for the tabling of the 10 of spades.

Lastly, you didn't even do the full change. You skipped the completion twist. If you were going for a variation on the change, then ok, but even if that is the case, it seemed quite choppy and incomplete to me.

Sep 20, 2010
well i added she single double card presentation, its just a thought that can add,

thanks for your comments, do you have any good example to a youtuber card magic with a good story? maybe you got one?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results