USABLE Material

Sep 1, 2007
uhhh I'm not a beginner if thats what you guys are thinking. I've been doing cards for a while so there really isn't a move out there I'm afraid to learn and practice. I have recently gotten into the habit of performing daly, but there are only like 5 or 6 tricks I do, and despite what Lee Asher thinks, in my opinion its a little lacking.

Oct 11, 2007
yes i totally agree you need more then 6 tricks. I am sure lee asher knows wayyy more then 6 tricks ... i think he means you have 6 brilliant ideas your a standout in magic, but usable tricks, im really liking this thread, ill give you some of mine, i do tricks on a daily basis for chicks at bars and friends, and things that work is plain good old sleight of hand, i do ringthing a lot and get great reactions but i do it more into a routine of sleight of hand and the hand is quicker then the eye rather then just the quick ring thing move, promise you will use that once you learn it though... umm as just a quickie i have been using redline lately its cute and fast and people eyes do spin and go whattttt. lol im really a card guy though so i try to do these as just one offs or inbetweeners beween the magic, i won't go into cards because i do so much that it won't really help you

Rubberband magic a few goodies i use, pinnacle. extreme burn i don't think anyone will say thats something you won't use. i do some tricks with money, mind reading the serial number, cornered by joshua jay, i do a lot of luke jermay, like i thought this was lame on my perspective but if you do it for people they are like whatttt, is the magic square thing, people just don't understand how you do the math so quick, and you can really play it out which takes a while.... some lame things that work is the hand trick, put your left thumb down put your hand over it and interlock, i thought everyone knew, but if your at a bar and you have enough people entranced by your card material and you get up and state lets try an experiment, noone catches it first time around you will have a bar full with their hands tied up going wtf... Ummm if your a bar person, GET PROHIBITION, a KILLER ILLUSION... ummm well if you need some more hit me up ... im a knowledge bank of magic lol i guess i spend way too much money on it but i also get things that i use, such as ben earl card magic, david stone, sorry to say but i do use daniel madisons material some of it kills in the right scenarios. well hit me up bro if you need more help or just keep adding to this thread ill keep an eye open on it

Sep 1, 2007
I'm looking into ray Kosby's Impossible Magic dvd over at dan and dave. Anybody have this?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
I would say that material on that dvd is more for magicians then laymen.

Its not called impossible because it looks impossible, its called impossible because its almost impossible to performe.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Man theres really a lot of useable material, but it depends on what you use it for. Like for example, the one handed ace cut routine by JP, its a good thing to be able to do and have in your inventory. I recommend you get this and practice it. For the sleight and routine which is taught.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Good for tricks:

-Art of astonishment series
-By forces unseen (mainly tablework)
-Past midnight
-The real secrets of magic
-TOOC by Chris Kenner

Good for sleights:
-Card college vol 1-5
-Paper engine (really good book)

Umm thats pretty much all I can think of right now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results