USABLE Material

Sep 1, 2007
I've been buying a lot of crap lately, and I don't actually use any of the stuff I buy. Got any suggestions on books or dvds with stuff you actually use? Cards please. Thanks,
Creep

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Pick up Rehab by cameron francis from Big Blind.

The DVD has 5 bonus effects on, I strongly recommend the DVD as I think half the value is in the bonuses!

Rehab is a great TnR, but there's some nice routines scattered on the disc too.

Also, check out Daniel's new book collateral. Awesome stuff in there too!

D.

Jul 30, 2008
Can you supply us with more information on the type of card tricks you like? E.g. Transpositions, sandwich etc. Also, tell us what you have and what you don't?

Anyway, I recently got Syd Segel's Simply Sydney and I am quite happy with it. I don't know about you but I think it is worth checking out. It's not too difficult and requires a substantial amount of practice.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
First of all, why do you not use the stuff you've bought? Too difficult/easy? Not practical because you work restaurants/tricks are too long/wrong genre of magic/haven't practiced enough/not confident?

Answer some of these and we can pinpoint the stuff you need.

First of all, why do you not use the stuff you've bought? Too difficult/easy? Not practical because you work restaurants/tricks are too long/wrong genre of magic/haven't practiced enough/not confident?

Answer some of these and we can pinpoint the stuff you need.

I totally agreed w/ this quote, why are u wasting money on stuff but u don't even use it. Think about the product b4 u buy it. My best suggestion is u go back to those stuff you bought learn them, practice them and master them. There's no such thing as a bad trick. It's just the person who performs them.

Sep 1, 2007
Collateral all the way. Out of all of the effects on there, there are basically two that I'm probably not going to use.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
I totally agreed w/ this quote, why are u wasting money on stuff but u don't even use it. Think about the product b4 u buy it. My best suggestion is u go back to those stuff you bought learn them, practice them and master them. There's no such thing as a bad trick. It's just the person who performs them.

No such thing as a bad trick? Umm.

There are allot if bad tricks, how can you say that theres no such thing as a bad trick?

A trick can be bad for allot of reasons like, Obvious methods, Horrible angles, Unpractical set ups etc.

And why is he wasting money? He probably did not intend to wasye money, but when he got the effect it probably was not what he was expecting.

Sep 1, 2007
A lot of stuff that I've bought over the past couple months hae had really impractical methods(exile comes to mind. can't beleive I gave that a good review. Me and my first impressions) I'm thinking about By Forces Unseen. Anybody got a review?

No such thing as a bad trick? Umm.

There are allot if bad tricks, how can you say that theres no such thing as a bad trick?

A trick can be bad for allot of reasons like, Obvious methods, Horrible angles, Unpractical set ups etc.

And why is he wasting money? He probably did not intend to wasye money, but when he got the effect it probably was not what he was expecting.

My friend, how long have u been doing magic?

Even the trick is superbad, or doesn't make scene at all, but if you are a good performer you'll be able to pull that off.

open your mind.........;)

Sep 1, 2007
Not to start an argument, but their are a lot of tricks that suck! Ever heard of impracticality?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
My friend, how long have u been doing magic?

Even the trick is superbad, or doesn't make scene at all, but if you are a good performer you'll be able to pull that off.

open your mind.........;)

I have been doing magic for 12 years now. You?

Trust me, there are allot of tricks that not even the best performer could make it work. Actually there are allot of tricks that are almost impossible to use in the real world.

Mar 14, 2008
I'm in your same position Creeper. Here's some material that I have recently enjoyed:
Edge (Justin Miller)
Smooth Operations (Kevin Ho)

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
Not to start an argument, but their are a lot of tricks that suck! Ever heard of impracticality?

Creeper...what do you have currently that you perform often and well? Maybe that will give everyone an idea of your skill level and persona.

I agree that there are bad tricks out there. Some of them look good in the marketing or preview videos and it isn't what it seems. But if you are consistently buying "crap", then maybe it's your dedication and discipline to practicing that's the problem.

Ask yourself:

1) Do you give up after working on a move for 30 minutes?

2) Are you willing to work on a move for a week or longer, even if it takes 1 second to execute?

Maybe you're just looking for the big reaction from the audience without putting in the work to practice and you're disappointed that the tricks you've bought have not handed you something easy that will hit hard.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results