Uses for an ITR besides levitation?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
I know I can do the Haunted Deck, moving glasses, and moving objects without touching them. Im assuming you could do a rising card trick and I’ve heard you can do a PK touch trick with one. What else can you do with an ITR like the tarantula besides levitations? Thank you!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Move something a very little bit. The slightest bit of movement on a can 30 ft away could probably get a better reaction than making the can jump all the way back.

Make stuff disappear. Could you imagine a coin vanish where you simply close your hand and when you open it, it's gone completely?

Pretty much anything that requires one thing getting to another location (to an extent)

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Move something a very little bit. The slightest bit of movement on a can 30 ft away could probably get a better reaction than making the can jump all the way back.

Make stuff disappear. Could you imagine a coin vanish where you simply close your hand and when you open it, it's gone completely?

Pretty much anything that requires one thing getting to another location (to an extent)
I already to the slight movement thing with various objects. Or tipping over a precsriously balanced marker. I like the idea of using it as a pull though. Pretty clever. Idk if the ITR i own is strong enough though. I want to purchase a new one soon. Was thinking about the new Tarantula

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I think the best uses of IT is for anything besides levitation.

Tyler brings up PK touches. Morgan Strebbler has a bunch of PK touches that use ITRs.

Animations are related in some ways to levitation but they are much more subtle. To have an object move across a table or under a glass can be beautiful. Haunted magic, like haunted decks and PK magic work well (Justin Miller has some great work on this type of effect. Most of his uses some sort of a loop set up). Daniel Garcia has a beautiful effect called "Life" that causes a paper butterfly to move subtly.

He doesn't use an ITR but Jeff Mcbride makes use of IT in a juggling type effect with paper butterflies and a fan.

Dai Vernon created an alternative to the linking rings using IT and 2 completely normal rings. This has been updated and used for all sorts of other links (rubber bands, coat hangers, keys etc.). In fact Alan Rorison uses reels in much of his most visual magic, ITRs may be too fragile though. Talking about penetrations, look into the silk through microphone stand, its a beautiful piece of magic with a clever use of a reel.

I'm actually not quite sure how to do a PK touch with either. I just know people use it for that. Would you mind PMing me about it? If you feel comfortable telling me.
I use it in my stage show. I'll PM you the clip of the performance and you can probably deduce my method of how I do it knowing that I'm wearing a loop. Just have to wait until my editor puts up the video.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm actually not quite sure how to do a PK touch with either. I just know people use it for that. Would you mind PMing me about it? If you feel comfortable telling me.

Lior Suchard was the originator of this method for PK touches. He published it in a book for Yigal Mesika and it is now available on Penguin as a solo download. Daniel Garcia has a treatment in the Guerrilla Guide to Loops. Morgan Strebbler has a few treatments in his DVD set Touched.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results