Uses For The Second Deal?

May 3, 2008
I recently purchased the Jason England 1-on-1 teaching the Strike Second deal and have been working on it for a while now. I really like it so far and have actually thought of some ways to use it to replace certain parts of my effects. I have one question though. Could you guys post some ideas on how this could be used to actually cheat at cards. I'm not looking to make money, but more to demonstrate it as a skill to people for entertainment. I'm a bit confused as to how I could actually use this to cheat.

Thanks,
Charlie

Sep 2, 2007
London
It has to be used when you have a method of ascertaining the top card. So, this could be through the use of a top card peek, a shiner, or marked cards. So, if you see that the top card is one that you want, you deal seconds to the other players, then the top to yourself.

Jun 2, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In this months Magic Magazine there is a very interesting trick by Denis Behr and Pit Hartling in which you appear to have mastered the center deal, even though the trick only requires you to do the the second deal. the trick is that all 4 aces are lost face up in the middle of the pack and you deal 5 hands, giving yourself the four face up aces

May 14, 2009
France
dillusion> This trick is taught by Bernard Bilis (a french magician) in his DVD "La magie par les cartes" (i don't know which volume is it). It is a very ingenious principle that allow us to make people believe we mastered te center deal.

I think this trick is magic for magicians, no ?

May 14, 2009
France
praetoritevong> You can actually do this trick for laymen but it's not really magic. It's just to show them how skilled you are at manipulating cards.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results