Uspcc?

Jun 10, 2010
Can somebody name all the changes with USPCC that have been going on in recent months? I've heard about the moving from cincinatti, ohio, and that bikes have smaller pips and they sold their old press and bought some new one.

Also, if anyone could list most/all of the cards that are being scrapped now?

Thanks in advance,
Saborfang17

Jul 9, 2010
Saginaw,MI
well the pips got smaller but they changed that so there bigger now and the vintage 1800 is gone also the breast cancer 1st edition and gaff decks i would think theres more but i cant seem to remember them right now

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
They moved to a new facility in Kentucky and a brand new printing press. Both of those facts are good news. Their old facility was run down and smelled like cabbage and asbestos. They were well overdue for an upgrade. They sold their old press to a different company under the agreement that it would never again be used for playing cards. That said, changing their facility and their primary press involved more than a few issues.

Pip size was initially smaller (it has since been fixed), feel/finish was initially imperfect. But in the past few weeks, I have been close in touch with their R&D team, and I am very encouraged. Quality has been on the increase as their expertise and experience on the new press has evolved. We've got some crazy cool things up our sleeves - you will be seeing something amazing in the next few weeks.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Can somebody name all the changes with USPCC that have been going on in recent months? I've heard about the moving from cincinatti, ohio, and that bikes have smaller pips and they sold their old press and bought some new one.

Also, if anyone could list most/all of the cards that are being scrapped now?

Thanks in advance,
Saborfang17

Cards that stopped print:

Arrcos
Steamboats
Ramblers: Maybe. the gilt edges is a time consuming process
Aladdins: not sure
Squeezers

Thats all I can remember right now

Feb 4, 2008

Arrcos
Steamboats
Squeezers

I'm really hoping that cards with finishes similar to the air cushion finish(in red) are not gone for good but simply on production hold. I see no reason why they can't just simply make another run when supplies warrant it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City

Arrcos
Steamboats
Squeezers

Just to add a note in correction - Squeezers were not in any way affected in recent months. The last printing was not too long ago - 2007 or 2008 - and they are about to run another production soon. They should not be too difficult to obtain now or in near future.

Jun 10, 2010
I know about the 809 deck is it standard air cushion finish and same stock or are we looking at something better

The moment I saw this 809 thing, I went and googled it. The mandolin deck looks like it may have same stock/finish, only thing that will be different is the back design. Bear in mind that I have purely speculated based on some background information I found.

As for these 809 decks... will we be able to buy Mandolin decks from stores like CVS and 7-11?

Feb 4, 2008
Just to add a note in correction - Squeezers were not in any way affected in recent months. The last printing was not too long ago - 2007 or 2008 - and they are about to run another production soon. They should not be too difficult to obtain now or in near future.
Well that's a bit of good news. Just got a deck and my first impressions were very favorable!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
As far as I know gaffs will still be made on normal bikes but was told you will have to get them in huge quantities through Murphy's. Double backers, facers, blanks should be available but not sure of the very detailed gaffs like the gaff deck from E and such.

Talked to Josh Jay and he has currently switched to the Phoenix deck for his gaff effects. "Split Decision"

The Mandolin deck looks very close to normal bikes but not sure how the public will like them.

Jun 10, 2010
As far as I know gaffs will still be made on normal bikes but was told you will have to get them in huge quantities through Murphy's. Double backers, facers, blanks should be available but not sure of the very detailed gaffs like the gaff deck from E and such.

Talked to Josh Jay and he has currently switched to the Phoenix deck for his gaff effects. "Split Decision"

The Mandolin deck looks very close to normal bikes but not sure how the public will like them.

If the box looks similiar, it should be fine. Remember, if they're not looking for the differences, they won't be likely to find them.

If the box has some majorly obvious differences, then the back should be fairly obvious to distinguish for most laypeople.

Feb 4, 2008
My understanding is that Bicycle gaffs that do not alter the backs of the card are okay. Thus, double facers and double backers can still be produced but things like the "Princess Trick" or "Twilight Angels" are out. When ever supplies dry up they will be gone for good. As it has been told to me it all has to do with protecting their trademark from counterfeiters.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results