Vanish Advice

Aug 2, 2011
California
Hey guys! I'm want to perform a impossible card location at a school talent show and I need some advice on a part of it. After I have a card selected and a corner torn, I need to dispose of or make the rest of the card "disappear." I don't want to use a false transfer, and the school won't let me use a lighter to burn the card. Any ideas of how to dispose of the card, or any utility devices to make a card fairly disappear? Thanks

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
As far as a utility device goes, Jeff Kaylor's UCCU is brilliant. Instantly remove a card in full view of the audience and you won't get caught. And you will have a utility that has a ton of other uses (like card to any wallet of course). My best purchase this year.

However, other things like a piece of double stick tape could help hide it, or just dealing the cards to the table and deal a double. Up until the UCCU I've always used the double stick tape method. and control the stuck double to third form the top and deal them all face up onto the table.

Or one could just palm it off and put it into your pocket on an offbeat/joke.

Dec 3, 2007
You might want to look into the TKO 2.0 as an alternative to the UCCU. The TKO 2.0 has the UCCU included in the unit and the DVD that comes with it teaches a "ultimate card to envelope". The Wizard Product Review just reviewed the TKO 2.0 (youtube: /watch?v=hDZbfYYXlhw&feature=g-all-u) around 14:00 and the card to envelope is shown around 19:30 in the video.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Eat it! Just kidding, put it on the bottom of the deck and do an classic change just hide the corner with your palm. This may be difficult if you have small hands though :/

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I'm no card buy . . . I hate the things. . . BUT, why not make a switch for a duplicate card made of flash paper. It won't be seen long enough for people to notice if you handle it right. That way you have a pretty vanish and you're ready to go. . .

Goatears, I used to eat the card. . . I'm not kidding. I used to do a gag I called "Card in the Magician" I bit the corner off for future identification of the card and then chewed up the balance . . . I then slashed my forearm open, folks could see the blood gush out, my fingers moving beneath the flesh, etc. and I finally removed a dripping, bloody card . . . and the corners matched!

Just one of a handful of gore bits I did during my punk rocker magician phase. While it's never been published, there's been several attempt to replicate it over the years, without my consent.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Easiest method: Devils Hank, rip up the rest of the card into pieces and have them (a spectator) drop the pieces into the hanky. BAM! Gone....ha ha.

Or... All the pieces are dropped into the hanky, BUT one mistakenly falls to the floor and this is the corner you keep...hint hint.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results