Variation Problems

May 9, 2012
New York
So a few days ago, i finished a flourish that i've been working on for a while. I'm not planning on submitting it to the wire immediately but i think i will at some point. the problem is that its a variation on the sybil cut but im not sure what the rules are on this kind of thing, especially in my case. this flourish takes about 13 seconds to do on average, and only the first 2 seconds are the same as the sybil cut. then the rest of it looks nothing like the sybil cut. i mean, if you watched just the last ten seconds, you would never guess that its a variation. so, if i wanted to publish it, what would i have to do?

Nov 18, 2011
dropzone by dan and dave is a variation sybil it still got published so i can be published but if your worried about it create a original opener instead

Dec 29, 2011
If you can't create an original opening, just make sure you reference the original creator and your inspirations. There have been other variations of the sybil cut published.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
if its only 2 seconds I'll assume that you're opening with a sybil to get into something like z-grip. In that case there are a number of different ways to get into this grip without using a sybil opening.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results