Verbal explanations to learn cardistry.

DABBLE

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
I bought a lot of flourishes in the past couple of months and it's extremely important to me the explanation contains a verbal explanation as this dramatically aids in my learning. I picked up some of Dan and Dave's Cardistry (Akira, Molecule Cut, etc) and it drives me crazy not having verbal instruction.

I got Project Aviv on my iPhone and I don't really try to learn any of it because it's taught without a verbal explanation. As an example of a great verbal explanation would be REBEL by Daniel+Madison (Except his English accent is hard to understand as I'm from Scotland :0)....). He explains everything in detail and learning is fun. With Akria I would have to stop and start and stop and start the video to analyze the move.

How important is verbal explanations to all of you? Also, with verbal explanation, over-the-shoulder angles don't become that important. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this. Except Daniel's, if he's going to slang the Scottish... :0)

Thanks,

David

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I've learned that including a verbal explanation in my tutorials is generally a good idea. The only time that it becomes a problem, is if someone experienced wants to learn the move and doesn't want to suffer through a 20 minute tutorial on a single idea that they could understand with just a slow-motion overview. So it really depends on the learner.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results