Verbal Magic?

Dec 11, 2016
i was wondering if there are any tricks i can do without using anything, or completely impromptu

something i can do over the phone or with video calls

any and all help/suggestions are appreciated

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
@Maaz Hasan That's like saying, "I'm thinking about making some things, what do you suggest?" "Carpentry." Technically correct, but not exactly helpful. I call those "Microsoft Answers".

@Jayq - There's a ton of stuff that fits these criteria. You're going to need to narrow it down. There's self-working card tricks, psych forces, certain types of readings, suggestion based material, hypnosis (don't do that unless you're in person, though), things like Train Tracking by Atlas Brookings, much of the material by Fraser Parker, Slim King has his Rochambo routine he does over the phone/on the radio all the time, stuff by Kenton Knepper, Peter Turner, memory demonstrations ... There's a lot.

I mean, just the title of the thread, "Verbal Magic" - I can do an hour long show using nothing but words and volunteers, and that's not even getting into hypnosis. What exactly are you looking for, and then we can help guide you a little more effectively.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Check out Juan Tamaritz's book "Verbal Magic." Many of the effects in Jim Stienmeyer's Impuzzabilities series also work over the phone. Just a note that many of the effects in Tamariz's and Steinmeyer 's books do require some props.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Dec 11, 2016
@Maaz Hasan That's like saying, "I'm thinking about making some things, what do you suggest?" "Carpentry." Technically correct, but not exactly helpful. I call those "Microsoft Answers".

@Jayq - There's a ton of stuff that fits these criteria. You're going to need to narrow it down. There's self-working card tricks, psych forces, certain types of readings, suggestion based material, hypnosis (don't do that unless you're in person, though), things like Train Tracking by Atlas Brookings, much of the material by Fraser Parker, Slim King has his Rochambo routine he does over the phone/on the radio all the time, stuff by Kenton Knepper, Peter Turner, memory demonstrations ... There's a lot.

I mean, just the title of the thread, "Verbal Magic" - I can do an hour long show using nothing but words and volunteers, and that's not even getting into hypnosis. What exactly are you looking for, and then we can help guide you a little more effectively.

this is gonna sound.....actually, idk how it's gonna sound but
tricks that are seemingly impossible that i could perform to a complete stranger on, let's say omegle, and blow their minds

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results