Title: Vice
Creator: Jeff Prace
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all
Video Run time: 43:18

Type of effect: Magic with mints

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Handing out an impossible object as a souvenir is one of the most memorable things you can do to close a routine. But, can you eat it? Usually, no, unless Jeff Prace is performing Vice.

Vice allows you to take out a simple Lifesavers hard candy mint, gently hold it between your fingers and slowly squeeze the candy until it is fully compressed and distorted. This is where most tricks stop, but with Vice, you can instantly hand out the crushed mint as a souvenir. Your spectator can even taste the mint to verify that it is, in fact, real!

Ridiculously easy to perform, yet so bewildering to spectators. You'll love the stunned looks on their faces as they hold it in their palms wondering how you made a hard candy easily bend and suspend its new shape.

Includes everything you need to start performing immediately and you can learn & perform in minutes.

How accurate is the ad copy? I'll say it's "Ridiculously easy to perform" provided you're comfortable with palms and ditches and switches.

What's in the box?

- Reusable performance gimmicks
- 50 real, edible crushed mints to hand out (extra refill mints available)
- Online video instructions jam-packed info including performance ideas, handlings, tips & ideas
- PDF label templates to print your own favorite mint labels
- The pieces necessary to construct your own mint hold out device

Key points: Did I mention you can eat the gimmicked mints!

How are the production values: Everything is good and well shot, you get multiple angles and cameras, Jeff is well mic'd; and it's all wonderfully shot and edited.

Is it well made: What Jeff give you is good, but you will need to do some arts n crafts on your own.

Is it well taught: A large portion of the video is "arts n crafts" and gimmick setup. But for the rest of it Jeff gives you basic handling tips and a few extra bonus routines like a linking mint effect as well as a "Karate Mint" stab.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): In a nutshell Jeff has taken the classic spongeball routine and given it plastic surgery. Spongeballs are not a "real world" item, everyone knows they are a magic prop, but mints are universal. This is a wonderful application.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It's the size of a role of mints

Does it "play big?" I think once the spectator sees (and tastes) that the mints are real, it will really "click" in their minds what took place.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Like I said above, this trick only requires basic sleight of hand that Jeff will cover.

How much arts and crafts are involved? Maybe 10-15minute provided you have all of the necessary items.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Jeff performs this live for a trio of girls at a local restaurant and you're able to get a clear picture of how clean this looks.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

This has been a pet project of Jeff's since his first write up of his effect Gummy in 2010. This is the final version.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results