[Video] - Hardcore move practice

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by TomTom, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

So I hooked up a camera and recorded me doing a few sleights. I hope you like it.

Nothing much out of the ordinary, but there's a lot of stuff in this vid which I've done a while but it's the first time I've seen a recording of myself doing it. You certainly see it twice, haha!
  2. Hi,

I thought the riffle pass was really good.

I didn't like the seconds though. There is too much necktie (tilting the deck towards yourself) in my opinion.

Good job.
  3. The seconds look good, but the movement from the right hand after you'd "plucked" the card was a little unnatural.

The classic colour change looked good, and the riffle passes seemed to get better each time you did it. Overall, well done.
  4. I agree with both of the above. A little to unnatural with the seconds, but you pass was really good. Good Job!
  5. Thanks guys. I'm pleased with the pass - you see all those guys online with these stellar passes, it's good to know it looks decent.

Re: the second deal, I figured it would be more a magician's 2nd deal (like in a Stop trick) rather than a gambling 2nd deal, so maybe it would seem more natural in a trick? But you guys are of course correct, and valid criticism was what I was after. So thank you. I'm gonna be using these moves on laymen over the next few weeks, so I really want them to be up to scratch.