Virtuoso member

Hey guys. I'm sure most of you guys know the AMAZING flourishing group called Virtuoso. I've seen lots of activity coming from Huron, Kevin, Daren......but what about Elijah? It might be just me, but I haven't seen him or heard from him at all lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
b.c hes not a virt anymore

watch the video that they started with again
not style, the other

has the whole breakdown there

Sep 1, 2007
I think that EC is still a member. It's Sly that isn't a member any more (at least according to the latest video called 'Virtuoso'...)

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
b.c hes not a virt anymore

watch the video that they started with again
not style, the other

has the whole breakdown there
it says nothing about him leaving. idk he might not be as popular? or something? dik i just know hes still a virt

Sep 1, 2007
cai is still a member

and yesss, it has all the years of the virts and all the changes

did you bother watching it again?

Sep 1, 2007
Orange, CA
kevhonline.net
Elijah's always been with us and still is, it's just that he's not as active as Daren, Huron and I at making videos of himself. Which is good, because my eyes are bleeding already from seeing all the insane **** he can do in real life - god knows what unholy destruction a video of just him would unleash.

-Kev, The Virts

Elijah's always been with us and still is, it's just that he's not as active as Daren, Huron and I at making videos of himself. Which is good, because my eyes are bleeding already from seeing all the insane **** he can do in real life - god knows what unholy destruction a video of just him would unleash.

-Kev, The Virts

I'll say. His one hand cuts are amazing. His flourishes are one of the best I've seen. Hope one day he makes one video of himself.

Aug 31, 2007
I believe Elijah's not active on the online community. But I am sure he is as dedicated to what he does in real life as any other Virt.

Yes, Kevin, stop making the rest of us feel left out. :p

Question for the Virts: How did the name "Virtuoso" come about? Who coined it? Why? etc.

- harapan. magic!

Oct 24, 2007
Virtuoso means:
1. a person who has special knowledge or skill in a field.
2. a person who excels in musical technique or execution.
3. a person who has a cultivated appreciation of artistic excellence, as a connoisseur or collector of objects of art, antiques, etc.
4. Obsolete. a person who has special interest or knowledge in the arts and sciences; scientist; scholar.

So the word wasn't really "coined" by The Virts, it's an actual word. They probably were looking for a name and found the word, thought it was cool and then used it! Or they could have just already known the word and thought it would be cool.

Kev, I want my eyes to bleed!! WHOO! And I wish to see this unholy destruction, I just love good destruction. That wasn't a sarcastic remark, it was sincere, I really want to see Elijah's flourishing. I feel jealous, you get to see and I don't. *sighs*

Anyway, peace!

Tyler

EDIT: I loved the "Portable Playground" video Kev. Good work!

Aug 31, 2007
Hey Tyler:

Yes, I do know what the word "virtuoso" means (I've checked the dictionary myself a long time ago), but I am more interested as to who chose it, why they chose it and questions of the same type.

Thanks for finding the definition of the word, though. Benefits those who don't know the meaning of it.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 3, 2007
Hey Tyler:

Yes, I do know what the word "virtuoso" means (I've checked the dictionary myself a long time ago), but I am more interested as to who chose it, why they chose it and questions of the same type.

Thanks for finding the definition of the word, though. Benefits those who don't know the meaning of it.

- harapan. magic!

I think the dictionary meaning itself pretty much states why we chose that name.

-Daren

Sep 1, 2007
Orange, CA
kevhonline.net
Actually Daren they choose the name without you since your a new virt:D

Haha... sick burn, man, sick burn :D

So here's a little bit of genesis on the name:

It was about three in the morning on a weekday night sometime in January of '05, and I was mid-way through editing our first video. Editing was going pretty well (at least, for a job that began at 12 midnight), but the only thing is we didn't know what to call ourselves. Frantic phone calls back and forth resulted in such names as 'Dead Center', 'SHoCK', 'Army of Four', and to quote Huron, 'Anything with the word 'velvet' in it'. Eventually Huron suggested the name Virtuoso, and after me being reluctant for a bit I checked the definition of it in the dictionary and agreed that it was appropriate.

What can I say, the name stuck.

-Kev, The Virts

Sep 1, 2007
Haha... sick burn, man, sick burn :D

So here's a little bit of genesis on the name:

It was about three in the morning on a weekday night sometime in January of '05, and I was mid-way through editing our first video. Editing was going pretty well (at least, for a job that began at 12 midnight), but the only thing is we didn't know what to call ourselves. Frantic phone calls back and forth resulted in such names as 'Dead Center', 'SHoCK', 'Army of Four', and to quote Huron, 'Anything with the word 'velvet' in it'. Eventually Huron suggested the name Virtuoso, and after me being reluctant for a bit I checked the definition of it in the dictionary and agreed that it was appropriate.

What can I say, the name stuck.

-Kev, The Virts

I remember SHoCK. I still have a video of the "Virtuoso" Intro where it says "SHoCK" instead of "Virtuoso" somewhere around here on my computer... :D

I think the name you went with ended up fitting well enough though.

Aug 31, 2007
Can you imagine what would happen if SHoCK stuck? Since S, H, C and K stand for what their names are (Sylvester, Huron, Cai and Kevin)...

Now that it's Daren, the name of the group would probably be DHoCK. Ouch.

- harapan. magic!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results