Vortex Deck Trailer

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey all,

For those of you who haven't seen it yet the trailer for the Vortex Deck is out. I had the chance to talk with Allan Hagen, who filmed and produced it, about the trailer and the project in general. You can watch the trailer, read the interview, and learn more about the deck here: Vortex Playing Cards Trailer

Feb 4, 2008
Did you ask any questions about the deck? IE. Is it printed through USPCC? If so what stock is used? What press was used? It it printed by a whole new company? Smooth or dimpled finish? Is this a card that will appeal cardists who are more into fans, springs, aerial card catches or for the guys who are crazy for muti-packet cuts and aerial cuts or does this deck kind of fall in the middle such as a Bike and Tally ho?

Maybe you already asked all this? I just skimmed the article but it seemed to be more about how he made the trailer. I'm more interested in how he made the cards.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Did you ask any questions about the deck? IE. Is it printed through USPCC? If so what stock is used? What press was used? It it printed by a whole new company? Smooth or dimpled finish? Is this a card that will appeal cardists who are more into fans, springs, aerial card catches or for the guys who are crazy for muti-packet cuts and aerial cuts or does this deck kind of fall in the middle such as a Bike and Tally ho?

Maybe you already asked all this? I just skimmed the article but it seemed to be more about how he made the trailer. I'm more interested in how he made the cards.

I only spoke with Allan Hagen so far and he was hired for the trailer, he wasn't part of the production of the deck itself. In the coming weeks I will have done an interview with Alex of Aether Cards who is the creater of the Vortex deck and that will have all the information about the actual, physical cards.

hey Eostresh, here is some info for you mate. The Vortex is printed on Aristocrat stock & Magic Finish. The deck is indeed printed with the USPCC. The Aristocrat was chosen for a softer stock and with the ink to stock ratio being low, it allow aristocrat without compromising the quality of the deck.

Thanks

Feb 4, 2008
hey Eostresh, here is some info for you mate. The Vortex is printed on Aristocrat stock & Magic Finish. The deck is indeed printed with the USPCC. The Aristocrat was chosen for a softer stock and with the ink to stock ratio being low, it allow aristocrat without compromising the quality of the deck.

Thanks
Ohhh! Aristocrat....My interest in that deck just shot up exponentially!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results