Voting open for Impromptu!

Nov 1, 2007
Haha, the fact that Treb had a dupe for a deck of Silver Slippers bothers me. He's got way too many cards. :p

Anyway, I voted for Treb, easily. His trick was more technical, plus he spent much more time on his video than you did.

Sep 2, 2007
haha. I like my videos to be raw, o I don;t put too much time into editing.. but his was more technical.

trebmalrolyat

Banned
Sep 2, 2007
I generally have many silver slippers lying around, Just waiting to be used. lol

I did not edit that video of me, my buddy Caruso did. I have one that I edited myself, which can be viewed right here:

http://vimeo.com/1526577

That's my first official video that I edited using WMM.

Nov 1, 2007
The reason I didn't vote for you, Dizzi, was the end. It killed it for me. I've always hated when magicians do the whole 'And now this card visually CHANGES into another card . . . and the first card magically appears here.' thing. It's just illogical. Changing a card implies that that card is no longer in the deck, and has in fact CHANGED.

Both of you gave a good performance, but in the end, Treb came out on top.

Nov 1, 2007
Sorry, but that's a terrible argument. If you're going to do a trick, it has to make a little sense, or the spectator enjoys it less.

Magi: Alright, here I have the 5 of Hearts. Watch as it CHANGES from that to the 7 of Clubs. Oh wait, nevermind, here's here's the 5. Guess it didn't change afterall.

It just cheapens the trick. The spectator automatically knows that the card didn't change, and that you just switched it.

Aug 12, 2008
What I think Sock is saying is that it is cheapened if under the pretense of a transformation. If you show someone a card changing, then show them that the original is somewhere that you know about, the foundation of the trick is ruined. However, if it were to be presented as a transposition, then the magic of "Whoa, these cards switched," would still be preserved. It's all in the presentation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results