Wanted to share with you something

I just came back from a dinner with my mom's friends - a very nice couple. I went to the dinner with some magic items in my bag, as I usually do (mostly decks of cards), but I didn't really have something planned, as they didn't even know I was a magician and it was all very spontaneous.
So, to make a long story short, I waited for the right atmosphere (after the dinner, obviously) and started doing some magic. I started with the wife while the husband was washing the dishes in the kitchen. I did a simple, short ACR and she was amazed with my skills, so I started talking about poker techniques and went ahead to produce the four aces from the apparently shuffled deck, and then went straight ahead to do the Invisible Palm effect with the four aces... I really love that effect, it's all about misdirection.
Than the husband came and I went into more serious stuff. I did Clutch by Oz Pearlmann, a favourite of mine lately, and Blank Out by Justin Miller. I didn't have a loop on me so I couldn't make the pen move (and I don't think this is exposure cause the DVD is called, after all, "the Guerilla Guide to Using Loops") but it was still amazing. I just took the pen, moved it over the clock a couple of times, and slowly reachd the hour he picked, telling him I felt a "resistance" there. Still, they were really out of words when I showed the blank cards, which is another reason why this trick is also a favourite of mine lately.
Then I had my big finnish. By then I have created a more serious atmosphere, and I did a veriation of mine for a trick showed in E's Guide for Street Magic, where you rub ashes on your arms and the card letters appear. It's a beautiful trick, self working, and really dramatic. I also combined it with DG's Warning, so when the paper burns to ashes, I also breath out smoke as if I'm getting ready for a spiritual ritual. Worked perfectly, they were so amazed.
So yeah, then we had to go home, so I didn't get a chance to use my invisible deck and some Derren Brown's tricks I love. But anyway, it was very fun, and it worked very well to the last detail, and they were really impressed.
So, I just felt like sharing, hope it wasn't too boring :p.
Peace.

D

Deleted member 2755

Sounds like you had fun. :) The only thing I disagreed with was the order of the last 2 tricks. Blank Out is more of a closer. You can't make a deck blank and then bring it back.:p Either way, they were impressed and it sounds like you had fun. Awesome. ;)

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results