Wanting to learn at the Magic Castle

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Hey everyone!

So, when I read about a lot of magicians, a lot of them say they moved out to California to join the magic castle and study under someone. (Mostly everyone went out there to try and befriend Dai Vernon)

So what I want to know, is if I can become a member out at the Magic Castle will I be able to be around accomplished magicians all the time? Also, do they even WANT someone studying under them?

Just a few questions I guess :)

~Robert

Jan 20, 2009
California
If you decide to join the castle then yes you will be around alot of accomplished magicians but you can also be around them and not be a member.and keep in mind there are great magicians not just in california but world wide. i have also seen many underground magicians who can put some of the top names in magic to shame.now do they want someone to study under them is really up to them..

Sep 17, 2007
I was going to say, there are a lot of terrific magicians who don't live in California. You could probably find a mentor most anywhere. The trick is finding one. Most of the guys I know are always happy to help a less experienced magician, as long as they are serious about it.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for the replies guys!

I live in a pretty small city in Alabama, so finding a mentor here isn't very hopeful. It's just that a lot of accomplished people went the route of going to the Magic Castle to better themselves, knowing everyone there would be great.

I've been looking for a Mentor for quite a while.. someone who I can be face to face with and soak in as much knowledge as I can. Aaron Fisher has his online lessons and everything, but I still feel it's missing that personal touch, and each lesson is expensive as well as not very long. I feel a mentor should be a friend, someone you can easily talk to any time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results