Watch stop on Control...

Sep 7, 2007
Does anyone know if Wayne or Danny is the original creator for the watch stop effect that will be appearing on the dvd?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Not really sure. Wayne said a watch stop effect will be taught as a bonus and you could use it in conjunction with Control.

Not really sure of the original creator, sorry.

Edit:
To me that sounds pretty amazing. Having the ability to stop your pulse is enough but- as your heart stops, time itself grinds to a halt.
No. way.

D

Deleted member 2755

You know as much as the rest of us do. Should be interesting though. I mean what started as just a simple pulse stop is turning into a dvd with a lot of information.

pulse stop
"Stop" by Danny Garcia (spectator hears your heart stop)
interview with Dexter
RANDALL!!!!!!!!!!!
presentation ideas
impromptu watch stop

A bit over 2 hours in length. This will be entertaining just to watch as a move in all honesty.:eek:

-Doug

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Does anyone know if Wayne or Danny is the original creator for the watch stop effect that will be appearing on the dvd?

Hello! The watch stop is a very old idea - Nothing revolutionary in method... and no - it does not involve a magnet :)

So... why is it on the DVD? What's important is the concept of combining different ideas to create a new dynamic - to change an effect into something else. I discuss this at length on the DVD & how it applies specifically to Control.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Have the watch stop and your pulse stop at the same time. Could lead into it having the spec use your watch or their borrowed watch to take your pulse as any nurse/doctor would do using the second hand. As the watch comes to a stop so does your pulse, then both begin again. Play it off as you exist in an alternate reality and the ability to make them believe their time has slowed and come to a stop, while your time continues to tick, thus keeping you alive (stopping a pulse would kill most people in reality).

Might be a bit over the top and muddled to have both happening at the same time but I am almost certain there is a method to pull them both off at the same time, perhaps not impromptu but nevertheless still possible.

Just random thoughts from the far side...

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I really like the idea that instead of your heart stopping, time is coming to a halt. You can use that in conjunction with the watch stop.

Something along those lines.

David

Sep 7, 2007
i like that you and danny decided to put a watch stop effect along with a pulse stop. Patter a number of things. You can even use it to flirt with a girl and mention about how when your in live time slows down and eventually stops when u see someone special. Other people usually have their heart race now come and see what happens with mine. (hand on my wrist) Gaze her in the eyes. haha

good combination W:H: D:G incorporated

Sep 7, 2007
I also really love that the bonus effect does not use a magnet! I would have been really disappointed.

I love how wayne thinks that he doesnt want to use magic that needs you to carry many objects in your pockets. As a performer I like performing impromptu magic just on the spot. Thats how you know you are a really good magician when your pockets are empty and when someone recognizes that you are a magician and theyve seen you perform before they expect you to perform on the spot and you are able to stun them. Sometimes I feel like carrying a deck of cards is too much. Picture a musician walking around with a guitar. People already know hes been practicing and he plays just by looking at him. Now if a guitar is already around and he borrows it for someone I bet he got all the girls to melt. Its the same thing with magic. Magic like Wayne said has to be pure and look pure thats What its all about. I never carry around a deck of cards. I do magic when I see someone with their own deck of cards or I see something natural to do magic with. Creators now a days never keep in mind that magic illusions shouldnt be created where You have to carry something around. It needs to look completely natural. Its like being a mentalist and bringing your own forks out of your pockets to bend. When I performed when I was younger and I would bring out a deck of cards from my pockets people thought I was nuts they were weirded out because I had a deck in my pocket not only that but I was gonna show tricks? It was crazy. People ask me if I practice alot or spend alot of time, even thugh I do I always tell them no. I try to make it look as natural as possible and as If I were someone supernatural.

Anyways I love tricks that can be performed anywhere and dont have to carry anything. Gppd job Wayne and always keep that in mind for us performers when you create something new and original.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results