Ways to keep people from ruining your deck...

Dec 13, 2007
Atlanta,Georgia
all right... i know if yall are like me you hate when other people shuffle a new deck? how do you stop it? well heres my solution, all you need is a deck and a card clip.
When the person picks up the clipped deck tell them " you know that clip will shock you if you take out the cards wrong"
that should stop pretty much anybody, but if they continue to remove the deck wait until its almost out and then scream at them...
there reactions are priceless...
what are some ways you keep people from ruining your new deck?

all right... i know if yall are like me you hate when other people shuffle a new deck? how do you stop it? well heres my solution, all you need is a deck and a card clip.
When the person picks up the clipped deck tell them " you know that clip will shock you if you take out the cards wrong"
that should stop pretty much anybody, but if they continue to remove the deck wait until its almost out and then scream at them...
there reactions are priceless...
what are some ways you keep people from ruining your new deck?

"These cards are so delicate that only card masters can handle them or they will disenegrate into dust..."
"I paid $50 for these on ebay."
"These cards are RAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRREE."

Sep 1, 2007
Just don't hand the cards to people if you're affraid that something might happen. Why make a big deal out of it?

-"Can I shuffle?"
-"No, you can't."
*Proceed with the trick.

D

Deleted member 2755

Guys, you should be chill and easy going when doing your magic. If you want the spectator to get the most out of a performance, then you should let them see the cards whenever possible. If you guys complain that you use Guardians and you want them to last longer... then maybe custom decks aren't for you. This is why I started mainly performing with Bikes and Studs. I use custom decks for flourishing and once in a while I will pull out a custom deck when doing magic... but if you are gonna let a custom deck get in the way of your performance, then you shouldn't be using custom decks. Simple as that.

-Doug

Apr 28, 2008
Just give them the deck and let them shuffle it. Refusing to let them have the deck just makes it seem like your hiding something and will probably make the performance less enjoyable for your audience.

Guys, you should be chill and easy going when doing your magic. If you want the spectator to get the most out of a performance, then you should let them see the cards whenever possible. If you guys complain that you use Guardians and you want them to last longer... then maybe custom decks aren't for you. This is why I started mainly performing with Bikes and Studs. I use custom decks for flourishing and once in a while I will pull out a custom deck when doing magic... but if you are gonna let a custom deck get in the way of your performance, then you shouldn't be using custom decks. Simple as that.

-Doug

Just give them the deck and let them shuffle it. Refusing to let them have the deck just makes it seem like your hiding something and will probably make the performance less enjoyable for your audience.

I agree with these two.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
A kinda related point...

I have a quickie that I often use as a closer, which would make it impossible for the spectator to shuffle the deck... Thge first three people to PM me with the subject line *adveturer* get's the work for free, anybody else will have to wait for the published write up...

CL

(And as an aside, another closer of mine is currently offered for free on the www.magicplazza.com forum...)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results