Website Update

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Hello, how Are You?
I Make a BIG update in My website, Want to Hear Some Constructive Comentaries.

Visit http://www.magonicolas.cl

Site is in Spanish, Hope you Get the Idea...

Hola Como estan? He Actualizado Mi sitio web. Pueden visitar http://www.magonicolas.cl

Ahora me dedico a la Magia Profesional.

Magia PAra cumpleaños infantiles, eventos privados empresas, Matrimonios, etc, etc.

Magia de Cerca y Escenario.
Magia para Niños y Adutlos
Magia Para Privados y empresas!

Saludos!

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
Ok

As a web Designer and a Magician I have a good view on this.

The website very nice looking but there a few big mistake I think you've made.

First is having a intro/splash page 90% will just by pass this or be frustrated that have to click just to get into the website.

Also you've added the option for HTML and flash which yes is a nice option but really isn't needed. High speed internet almost a everyday thing and even on a slow connection flash websites should run perfectly fine.

Also even those your isn't very intrusive music is also a big frustration to user and also 90% of the time will turn it right off.

Now when you into the site itself it very nice,easy to navigate and fine information which is the number one thing you want in a website.

Over all it a great looking website just a few tweaks here and there I would make so that just me!

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
As a web Designer and a Magician I have a good view on this.

The website very nice looking but there a few big mistake I think you've made.

First is having a intro/splash page 90% will just by pass this or be frustrated that have to click just to get into the website.

Also you've added the option for HTML and flash which yes is a nice option but really isn't needed. High speed internet almost a everyday thing and even on a slow connection flash websites should run perfectly fine.

Also even those your isn't very intrusive music is also a big frustration to user and also 90% of the time will turn it right off.

Now when you into the site itself it very nice,easy to navigate and fine information which is the number one thing you want in a website.

Over all it a great looking website just a few tweaks here and there I would make so that just me!

Thanks for your comments dude!

Yes, But HTML site is for iPod Touch, iPad and iPhones (Maybe BB and other mobile phones) Wich Can't Read Flash.

Thx for all your comments, I realy appriciate them.

What you mean with Tweaks?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
What's up man? I like the site. I personally have background music on mine as well and get a ton of compliments on it. Some people will turn off their volume and others will enjoy it as they navigate.

I agree as far as ditching any type of splash page.

Keep HTML and Flash versions though because that is one complaint I am receiving on my is that everything is embedded in Flash and nobody can view my site via phones, iPads, etc.

Overall I like the general feeling of your website and with all of the pictures it is evident to any potential client that you have experience and you know what you are doing. The gallery of pics took awhile to load for me but I am on a slower speed.

Great work!

Sep 7, 2007
Nicolas,

I enjoyed your website, it takes a lot of work and creativity to make a flash-based website.

I don't want to sound too 'blunt', but from my personal experience in web development it is best to use flash to compliment a website instead of it being the website.

There are many drawbacks of a flash-based website:
* Browser incompatibility
* Slow loading times
* Incompatible with phones
* Little or no search engine optimization

As for the background music, I was taught to never include it. However through my experiences, does add a positive touch in some cases.

I really like the idea and direction of your website. I'm just not a big fan on flash-based web pages. So I may be a little biased to Flash, since I'm a PHP geek.

Keep it up, your photo gallery was pretty neat.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results