What are XCM and ACR?

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited, thanks to all of the awesome and uber cool magic kiddos here at Theory11. Your advice and professionalism regarding my many postings here on this site has been invaluable....

Last edited by a moderator:

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
acr = ambitious card routine
which is a set of tricks where the selected card keeping appearing on top of the deck
xcm = extreme card manipulation
when people fling packets of cards around

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
acr = ambitious card routine
which is a set of tricks where the selected card keeping appearing on top of the deck
xcm = extreme card manipulation
when people fling packets of cards around

Or if you like, "playing with cards." :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
ACR: Ambitious Card Routine/Ambitious Card Rising

a routine where the selected card goes in the center, and repeatedly comes to the top. Many books and dvds have been made on this subject, and is one of the most popular effects in magic, as it is visual, impromptu, and usually has a kicker ending, like the card appearing folded in the magicians mouth, or in a wallet or paperclip. for more info, i recommend reading "The Royal Road to Card magic" which has a section on this routine, and a large section of the double lift. For dvds, i suggest either Gregory Wilson's "Double Take", or Daryl's Ambitous Card DVD.

XCM
eXtreme Card Manipulation. Also known as flourishing, it is a skill and art form many people do now-a-days. It is a fairly new sport, only started about 10-15 years ago, and has become bigger, better and more popular these last few years. Most Popular flourishers you might hear about in these or other forums are:

Dan and Dave
De'vo
Allen Haglen
Chris Hestnes
Chris Kenner
The Cuso
Ineski
Kevin Ho
Bone Ho
Andrei
and many others who's names escape me.

Most flourishes are based off of Chris Kenner's "Sybil" or "the five faces of Sybil", which i believe were first published in his book "Totally Out of Control" which has recently been reprinted(great book). De'vo has a few dvd's that are out, which many say are amazing. The Flourishman, who's real name i cannot pronounce, has a book on flourishing, which many say is like a bible in XCM and flourishing. Dan and Dave's first dvd was The System, which has 26 card flourishes, which is what got them famous in the card community. Recently they have made a sequel 3 dvd set called the trilogy, which has a dvd on Flourishing as well. MAny youtubers post tutorials on they're own flourishing moves, which i recommend checking out.

Phew, that was quite a long rant, please excuse spelling mistakes, as i was a bit rushed.

Hope that helps

~Zachmonky

[...]
Most Popular flourishers you might hear about in these or other forums are:
[...]
Allen Haglen...
[...]
~Zachmonky

I totally love how you managed to rape both my first AND last names! :D
I wouldn't say I'm a "popular flourisher" as I do 90% magic and 10% cardistry, but oh well, thanks for the mention and the thoght! Appreciated.

Allen Haglen

"pretty good", maybe, but not worth mentioning on a list of "popular flourishers" either way. But I still really appreciate the concern and mention, I just don't like attention. Oh well.. *mumbles* CCC should be fun.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results