What are you currently practicing?

Sep 2, 2007
I just recently learned See-Saw and Out of this World, so I've been practicing those non-stop.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't really work on one particular thing. Right now I am just trieing to master all my slieghts I know because performing for me is somewhat natural I just get along with them and I know what to say so I usually don't work on that stuff but I always come up with patter for a trick I just don't really practice it.

Sep 1, 2007
I've been working on my escapes. Working on escaping from a straight jacket. Nothing can bring you more onlookers than a good SJ escape hyped correctly. Maybe 60 feet in the air, upside down hanging from a crane will be the goal...

Well I was just working on my Gaff Deck mastering (I can basically pull off anything and I've had it for one day haha) Besides that just making my pass invisble and effective every time.....Also the muscle pass going to smaller and smaller chips and coins and trying to get the same amount of height. And that's basically it I'm mainly performing right now.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Hm...guys, after reading through these pages I think I can get the general gist of what many people here in this forum are into currently. I understand that these recent products are snazzy and all, but I think perhaps we should take Dan and Dave's advice in the 'beginner video' and study the 'older stuff' a bit more.

There numerous timeless effects in these 'classic' texts that are both visual and hardhitting. Recommending 'Expert at the Card Table' and 'Expert Card Technique' might be going a bit overboard, but you definitely can't go wrong with the 'Card College' and 'Royal Road to Card Magic' series. These are the places where the Theory 11 team started their journey and became the artists they are today. So I urge you all to put aside some of these DVD's once in a while and seek out these wonderful books. You can't go wrong with them ;)

And to stay on topic...I'm currently working a few sleights to clean up the handling in my existing effects, namely the mercury fold, technical sidesteal, and the DPS.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm working..
Palming.
Digital Dissolve when it comes.
DejaVu from the Trilogy.
Always the Ego change *pretty much mastered it*
Hermit pass.
hmm that's some of it.

carney cylinder and coins
arnonson trick in magic mag
rubinstin sucker copper silver with rattle purse
tameriz mem deck

i like to have 4 or five things that i can rotate to keep it fresh

i also pratice my cups and balls off and on as its a personal favorate.

there are also a few apperatus tricks im working on but, more on the showmanship then mechanics

Aug 31, 2007
England
For people having trouble with the Cardini/Ego change, I recommend having a small thumb break with your dealing hand, and don't rush the change, you can do it slowly with the right cover, and that should eliminate all of your noise problems

Thanks to Studentz and Jordan Lapping for that advise, it helped me a lot :)

As for what I'm practicing, mainly the Ambitious Rise Move, and just trying to create some of my own tricks :)

Edit: I'm also working on my palming, and naturalness

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hm...guys, after reading through these pages I think I can get the general gist of what many people here in this forum are into currently. I understand that these recent products are snazzy and all, but I think perhaps we should take Dan and Dave's advice in the 'beginner video' and study the 'older stuff' a bit more.

There numerous timeless effects in these 'classic' texts that are both visual and hardhitting. Recommending 'Expert at the Card Table' and 'Expert Card Technique' might be going a bit overboard, but you definitely can't go wrong with the 'Card College' and 'Royal Road to Card Magic' series. These are the places where the Theory 11 team started their journey and became the artists they are today. So I urge you all to put aside some of these DVD's once in a while and seek out these wonderful books. You can't go wrong with them ;)

And to stay on topic...I'm currently working a few sleights to clean up the handling in my existing effects, namely the mercury fold, technical sidesteal, and the DPS.

Exactly.
An amatuear can do a zillion tricks, but not very well.
A professional can do a few tricks very well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results