What are your other hobbies?

Dec 12, 2010
Hey guys. I was recently thinking, (I know, it's a miracle) that most of us have more hobbies than just card stuff... So, what do you like to do? I happen to love freestyle yoyoing. I just made a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7y0DQoZkUs
Make a video of you doing your other hobbies! Thanks!

-Casey

Feb 4, 2008
I used to do lots of ice climbing and back country snowboarding(split boarding if you know what that is) Now I am lucky if I go snowboarding at a ski area. Korea is not the best place to live for outdoor sports:(

Aug 17, 2010
Studying Ancient Greece - the tragedies, the works of the philosophers, the mythology - really fell hard for it in university. And philosophy & humanities in general.

I just can't get enough of that stuff. If I could do it over again, I'd work on a doctorate and teach it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This is a very interesting thread! Super awesome to see what everyone is interested in beyond magic and cardistry. Often, those other influences work their way into everything you do. The music you listen to, the movies you watch - all of that informs your creative process. Rudy Coby's talk at EMC touched on this exact thing. For him, his love of comic books and science moved right into his act.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I am OBSESSED with YouTube
I enjoy a bit of video editing
I pretty much love anything related to technology
I love music (I used to play violin)

Yeah, not too many things that are really special or anything, but I guess they're hobbies nonetheless. :)

Feb 4, 2008
I am OBSESSED with YouTube
I enjoy a bit of video editing
I pretty much love anything related to technology
I love music (I used to play violin)

Yeah, not too many things that are really special or anything, but I guess they're hobbies nonetheless. :)
Always wanted to learn the violin. Had a chance to pick it up recently and decided it would take almost as much time to get any good at it as it does cards!

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I play guitar and like to write my own songs.
I love to write, I would love to have a book published by the time I"m 30. That's pretty much my goal.
Reading, I love to read.
I'm a big nerd for comics/graphic novels and the like.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I'm a Music Education major, so I play ALL instruments to an extent. My concentration being in percussion. I'm also a film major, so hopefully I'll be a 'Triple Threat' being able to write original music and film/edit/produce everything on my own.

Although magic isn't really my hobby as much as it is my passion.

Nov 19, 2010
i like playing golf
i mess around with computer editing whenever i can
video games are always fun
i also love telling jokes not being a comedian but just throwing around jokes with friends

ATH

May 1, 2010
Hey guys. I was recently thinking, (I know, it's a miracle) that most of us have more hobbies than just card stuff... So, what do you like to do? I happen to love freestyle yoyoing. I just made a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7y0DQoZkUs
Make a video of you doing your other hobbies! Thanks!

-Casey

That was epic yo-yoing yo! Really awesome! :cool:

Anyways, I love music. Been a drummer for 6 years and recently decided to pick up guitar and piano (at the same time :eek:) and even more recently bought a ukulele and love jamming with it. I also like music production and writing music (and lyrics). I'm getting into video editing and film/photography as well. But enough about me........

And to Robert Livingston: Can you play the didgeridoo??? HA! Check and mate.

Feb 18, 2011
Under your bed
I like to:

Beatbox, Photography, Watch films, Read Graphic Novels, Listen to Music, Study for school, Think, youtube, computer, And sleep.

Hopefully I can get a HD video camera for my birthday or something, and I will get into a lot of Filming (cards and other things) and Video editing.
That's probably what I'll enjoy the most.

-M

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I really enjoy going to the movie theater and catching new releases about twice a month with my wife and kids.
I'm not really good at it but love to get out and golf every now and then.
Video Editing / Filming are becoming more and more of a passion for me. I just edited and filmed 2 new magic DVD's for Ed Ellis.
Technology toys are always fun as well - have the iPad2
Bodybuilding - believe it or not I used to compete in the amateur ranks years ago and placed in every single competition

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results