What do you do with cards that get old?

scottmcb

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Obviously, with rare decks you'd keep them. But what about standard bikes etc. What do you do when the cards get old or the box is used beyond repair? Do you throw them out, or keep them?

Apr 17, 2013
Obviously, with rare decks you'd keep them. But what about standard bikes etc. What do you do when the cards get old or the box is used beyond repair? Do you throw them out, or keep them?

I'm a card splitter. So I always find use to old cards.

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
Where i live decent cards arent cheap so i try use my decks as long as possible before i open a new one so for most of the time ive got a "poop deck" anyway so if i need someone to sign a card ill just take another card from my older deck to replace it, also make gimmicks out of them

Oct 11, 2007
I've made some artwork for my walls with a bunch of cards that were not fit for my performances anymore...not only is it a good way to preserve cards that you can no longer use, but every once in awhile it is a good way to mentally relax and get creative too.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I either use them to practice the mercury card fold or I use them in effects that I have printed things on the cards like lip / kiss prints or black finger prints and start giving them out and letting people keep them at the conclusion of the effect. Or...I simply have just tossed some in the trash and cracked open a fresh pack. It's not that hard to do if you are only getting them from Costco or Sam's and not paying much more than a buck a dec.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Further to what's been said I practice throwing them and occasionally send them to third world countries with aid workers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results