What do you do with lovely 'extra' cards?

Sep 11, 2011
Florida, USA
xmetal.me
So I just got back into doing 'stuff' with cards, and have gone on a little spree of buying some cool decks. It struck me, as I separate out the Jokers, double backs, etc. that it would be a shame to simply toss those in a drawer. I'm coming at it primarily from a cardistry POV, where as far as I can tell I'd never have a use for those (perhaps in some illusions you need the double backs?)

So what do you fellas do with all those? They are all so nicely designed and artistic I was thinking of mounting/framing a selection of them to hang on the wall, or otherwise devise some way to display them. Curious to see if anyone has done likewise and how it turned out.

I am currently using mine to learn a few difficult sleights. Undertow is a big one I use the extra cards for as the constant paling of the cards really destroys them. I would rather destroy the extra cards than the actual deck. Same goes for the 2 card flourish too.

May 12, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I have a few old empty 808 deck box I through the cards that arent jokers into. Each one is over stuffed with like 75 cards! I like to keep all the extra promo/advert cards, I don't know why though... Meh.

Sep 2, 2007
I keep all of them in an old Bicycle box. I've thought about mounting them in a picture frame to show all of the backs, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Sep 11, 2011
Florida, USA
xmetal.me
I hadn't thought to use the extras in place of a deck. Interesting and common-sense idea there. I think I am going to make a frame of some kind and mount up, say 9-12 really nice ones on some black matte board or something like that. I think that would look pretty sweet.

Sep 9, 2011
I just simply throw them away. I think it's kinda pointless salvaging all the jokers and ad cards from your decks to create a practice deck. Knowing most cardists and magicians these days, we're going to burn through that deck in a heartbeat anyways. All that does is delay the inevitable.

Thanks,

Brandon

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I built a small end table out of mine using rubber cement and a few rulers as the frame. I did use some full decks of old bikes that I had though, so not just the extras.

Feb 7, 2011
I dont perform the effect Torn, but i always use the advertising cards to practice it. It's a fun effect to go through, i find that with most torn and restored card tricks. Ive also been known to throw cards from time to time, another perfect use for the extra pasteboards. It's perfectly acceptable to throw them away as others have said, but waste not want not, i seldom throw anything away solely because i dont have an immediate use for it, thats just me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results