What hasn't been done?

Sep 10, 2007
Or a silent, concealed air-powered device for PK effects with non-metals, or shadow-touches in which the spectator feels something but is not being touched.

!! I've been thinking the same exact thing! I haven't really talked to people about it, but it would unlock lots of things. No magnets, so not really any danger. Spinning cards on one finger...pointed towards the air. So much...

On the note of the spontaneous combustion thing, I've been working on this effect where a card simply just spontaneously combusts. I have the handling worked out and all, and am thinking of different methods. Problem is...cards can't really burn. But, it's still pretty cool. I just say, "Stare into this card. If it's the right one, it should do something special." :D

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
I write down ONE idea EVERY day in a notebook. The key is to write it down, after time you will have hundreds of ideas and several of them you should be able to make into real working effects. Every trick that I do came from those notes in one way or another.

It is a very simple idea but trust me it works.

Chris

Sep 1, 2007
I write down ONE idea EVERY day in a notebook. The key is to write it down, after time you will have hundreds of ideas and several of them you should be able to make into real working effects. Every trick that I do came from those notes in one way or another.

It is a very simple idea but trust me it works.

Chris

Thank you.

No, really, I mean that. That is a spectacular idea.

Thank you, Chris Kenner. I will start doing that.

If I can come up with enough ideas, certainly one of them should eventually make it to illusiondom.

Oct 16, 2007
i had an idea of an effect where you put a coin in your mouth and blow it like a bubble,with the sig on it

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Take a dead leave, crush it up in your hand, shake your hand, and the leave is green, healthy and very much uncrushed? Something I've been thinking about now that it's fall.

Sep 1, 2007
I've been thinking along the same lines in terms of producing more organic magic. Get that trick, Paul Harris's "Leaf" and "Ladybug," and you've got yourself a hippie routine!

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Finger through palm. Its something that I've really wanted to do for a long time... ideas that I come up with tho are either really cheesy or just plain impossible. :)

Aug 31, 2007
Heres a BASIC way to do the flaming deck card reveal thingy... control their card to the top or bottom, palm it, set the deck down, light it on fire, pick up the deck replace the card, and last but not least........PASS (wow that was way to much drama) but im sure T11 can make it better.

Sep 2, 2007
I think one great way of inventing new plots and things to do is to think about everyday-problems in life, and possible ways of solving them using magic. The problem is that people create based on their tools, not based on their mind. If you really could do magic, would you make a card jump to the top of a deck over and over again?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results