What is a good card magic dvd.

Jan 30, 2009
kent
What dvd teaches the basics and some stuff that david blaine would use i have quite a bit of money now so i would like to learn some of his stuff or similar stuff to his.

Oz pearlman has a great dvd on penguinmagic.com called born to perform card magic.
Here is the link http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=618 Its a great source for a beginner. He teaches a bunch of very practical and useful sleighs as well as several tricks (two of which, that i can remember, were done by blaine on t.v.)

If you're serious about getting good with card magic i suggest you pick up card college volume 1 (i don't have a link for it but you can find it on penguin as well). It is, in my opinion, the best source for a beginner to learn card magic. It is a book, but don't let that scare you off, it is extremely well/clearly written and super simple to understand.

Good luck.

May 7, 2009
sankey also has a great card magic dvd for beginners. its on sankeymagic.com and its called slight of hand with cards i believe

Jul 14, 2008
Mr. Ection beat me to the source. Like he said, Born to Perform is a great source to learn the handlings and covers through all the basics.

Next, I suggest you to get Royal Road to Card Magic or Card College Volumes. Both of them are begineers for card magic. Please take the time to read it over and try your best. Any questions you have, feel free to post a thread. I wish you good luck on your journey to magic!

Sep 1, 2007
Gregory Wilson's "Double Take" is an excellent resource for a beginner card magician. Not only is the instruction really good from a guy who is a highly successful performer in his own right, but there are several performances and loads of great tricks as well.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Royal road to card magic, is amazing and the stuff you learn is all basics leaving you to continue in other books and dvds. Card college is great too, I just finished the last volume a couple of weeks ago, and i am still practicing the stuff in there.

Also try buying some 1 on 1s from theory 11, some solid tricks and slieghts. If you want something that david blaine uses try LIT or Excile both great tricks.

Gregory Wilson's "Double Take" is an excellent resource for a beginner card magician. Not only is the instruction really good from a guy who is a highly successful performer in his own right, but there are several performances and loads of great tricks as well.
wow how did i forget this. Definately agree. I used to say all the time on the penguin forums that born to perform, double take, and card college one is like the dream beginners course (imo). I don't have the paul wilson royal road dvds. BUT, i would bet a lot of good money that you would get a pretty damn good education there too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results