What is Magic?

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Hey guys,

Whats up? Some time ago, Jay Sankey posted this on twitter.

Past the traditional patter lines, beneath the effects, what lies at the heart of the tired and often maligned word ‘magic?’
Funny, I was thinking just the same thing after reading his book Beyond Secrets.(although it wasn't as well worded) I thought about 'magic', why I do magic and what I see magic as.

I wanted to let Jay and everyone on the forum know my thoughts (but I forgot to post it earlier). I could not express my thoughts in 140 characters (for those of you who don't know,that is the limit on twitter). So I posted it on my blog. Please click the link below, I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on what magic is, what it means to you and anything else related to this subject. Thanks guys!

-Jenai

Edit - I forgot to put the link in. Haha. here it is

http://jdalal.tumblr.com/post/2635523020/what-is-magic-my-answer-for-mr-sankey

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
To me, Magic is the Essence of Soul. It takes almost all of our focus, energy, creativity, innovation, determination, courage and understanding of ourselves to even begin to radiate a fraction of this "Soul" to others. Like said, Magic isn't within the Patter, the Techniques, the Showmanship, the Secrets, the Effects; but it uses those things to be achieve it.

I say its the Essence of Soul, because like you said in your blog, we experience Magical moments within all aspects of life, and that those experiences are soulful, therefore its Magic. With this soulfulness, it helps us move on with ourselves through inspiration - like a good story thats with us for the rest of our lives.

We must be soulful, and add some swing to what we do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results