What is real magic?

May 18, 2008
This was a question that is widely asked in magic and has no one definitive answer. I decided to use it as a topic for a video project I did for literature class. I want your opinions on the video, and I want you to post here what you think real magic is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWMU3O7_I8

That is the video. If you want to know about the singing, read the comments. Thanks again for watching and please post ideas and feedback!

Feb 28, 2008
The video was kind of dull... With a topic like real magic it seemed like you could have gotten a lot more entertainment value in it. The sankey clips were kind of odd... The first one was kind of hard to follow and just so brief. Your coin production was good though and the Kenner clip was good.

Your quotes were kind of odd. If you're going to be posing the question of what is "real magic", why pose it to magicians off of Penquin Magic? I think laymen might have a lot of insight to what you're really trying to answer as I think they're the ones that experience a lot more than us who understand the mechanics of it.

Finally, your remarks at the end didn't seem to conclude anything... yes, you don't have a definitive answer to what real magic is, but it didn't seem like you really posed any significant possible answers to what it might be.

I'm a teacher with my specifications in English and Media and I'm personally left just trying to figure out what you were trying to acheive with this video. The editing was okay and it was slick considering you made it yourself, but the content is just missing a firm question and possible answers. I think you've got a bit too much background knowledge and you expect your audience to know what you know when they probably don't.

I hope I don't sound discouraging. I think you've got the basis to something good, but you need to be more clear.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results