What is the name of this one trick?

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
I'll try not to reveal as much as possible, it's impromptu, but a card is freely chosen by the spectator. Controlled, then glided into a packet of cards, with you asking "Is this your card?" a few times.
Then having them slap the packet.

I'm kind of just starting out card magic for people and I think this will be my first or second trick in a routine since it has a great build up and somewhat surprising to the audience.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
You mean the trick where the spectator slaps a packet of cards down to the ground, and the selected card is left in your hand?

As far as I know, that's not a real "trick" - that is, it hasn't been published by any magician - I also don't think it has ever been 'named'.

You control the card to the bottom of the deck/packet and grip it tightly between the middle knuckle joints of your first and second fingers, have the spectator hit the cards down, and voila.

Ben

Jan 30, 2009
Yea, thats what he said. You can also have them hold the cards. It's a fun beginner trick. I always let them hold the cards, but it's not fool proof.

If you know how it's done, why are you asking? :p
Nahh if you want to learn more it's in basically every kids' magic book ever written. Just try your local library. Because knowledge is power!

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
It's also taught in Erdnase's Expert at the Card Table, found in the 'Favourite Sleights for Terminating Tricks' section. But yes, this is an old one, andd can probably be found in numerous other sources also.

Nov 10, 2007
Yes penguinmagic.com has a version of this it is in te instant downloads section and they call it hitman.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results