What is your favorite Magician?

Aug 9, 2017
I want to know your favorite or some of your favorite magicians. Not only the basic answers you always hear from laymen: David Blaine, dynamo and Chris Angel. (Don't get me wrong those are all great magicians, they're just very famous)Who inspired you. Who has interesting thoughts. Who created cool things. Who is just genius.. Tell something

Oct 11, 2017
At first I liked David Kotkin until I found out there were too many tricks he did that aren't for sale; and even though there are countless others like David Blaine, Lance, and the Illusionists, I decided to hang the towel up and go with Merlin from Camelot.
Take care and God bless

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm currently a bit obsessed with Derek Delgaudio because he's one of the few people doing truly artistic work with magic, instead of just doing some tricks at people.

However I haven't really seen him perform and sadly, probably won't get to see In and Of Itself before the run ends.

Reactions: Josh Burch
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I have to say Ed Marlo. I've seen videos of him performing and they are amazing. And the stuff he has written down... wow.
Reading through Revolutionary Card Technique actually changed the way I look at sleights.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Aug 15, 2017
I want to know your favorite or some of your favorite magicians. Not only the basic answers you always hear from laymen: David Blaine, dynamo and Chris Angel. (Don't get me wrong those are all great magicians, they're just very famous)Who inspired you. Who has interesting thoughts. Who created cool things. Who is just genius.. Tell something
I have a HUGE list as I am sure many here have. And I was inspired to START magic by P.C. Sorcar Jr. (you can google him). That's it. Then I pretty much abandoned his style because that kind of magic, not for me.
But I will talk about just a single magician here.
Dynamo (layman like answer? dunno, maybe)
He is NOT a genius in performing, there are more graceful performers out there., He is not really a creator, I don't think so atleast.
But his story, which I won't bore you with, maybe you know it already and can anytime search for it, is amazing and it was HE who showed me as a kid, that there is a seperate genre of magic, other than the classic turban-clad magician taking out pigeons from an empty cage.
When I saw him, the reactions he got, I was like, this is it, this is what I want to do.
He inspired me enough to care not about myself or the attention I am getting, but the happiness I can give. Imagine performing to someone who may DIE of cancer next week and awing them real good. How amazing is that? Is there a better definition of magic? I don't think so.

In terms of performing, many magicians are GREAT! And I am thankful to my habit of browsing performances more than tutorials on YT that has made me aware of some really cool performers!
But Steven Frayne will always remain the best for me.
His hardships make me realise that I never know how much time I have left or anyone in general...why not make them happy? Why bear grudges and regret the rest of your life for not being able to apologise?
Most importantly, he has made me believe any one can do anything.
I think those are the things real role-models should inspire, not only becoming a better performer but a better human in general, after all, magic is just a single aspect of our whole lives.

I think he is my favourite magician because of all that.
As for the great performers, I do 't certify myself informed enough to name them, I may just be injust and not name someone really great.
So for the record, my answer remains and probably will remain
Dynamo.

Reactions: BasB
Aug 9, 2017
I'm currently a bit obsessed with Derek Delgaudio because he's one of the few people doing truly artistic work with magic, instead of just doing some tricks at people.

However I haven't really seen him perform and sadly, probably won't get to see In and Of Itself before the run ends.
He has interesting thoughts on magic

Aug 9, 2017
I have to say Ed Marlo. I've seen videos of him performing and they are amazing. And the stuff he has written down... wow.
Reading through Revolutionary Card Technique actually changed the way I look at sleights.
Yea I saw some old footage from Ed Marlo.. Just amazing.. I haven't read anything from him tho.. yet.. What is Revolutionary card technique like? What does he discuss in it?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Yea I saw some old footage from Ed Marlo.. Just amazing.. I haven't read anything from him tho.. yet.. What is Revolutionary card technique like? What does he discuss in it?
Revolutionary Card Technique is great! It is a lot of intermediate and advanced stuff, but essentially he takes something and teaches you how to perfect It, then teaches you what you can do with it. There are 14 total "chapters" (they are more like 14 seperate small books) I think, each teaching interesting stuff. Eg. Action Palm teaches you how to conceal your palm and get into specific palms in natural actions. Finger tip control took the classic "frontal" riffle force, and took it a whole 83 levels up imo. Seconds centers and bottoms are 3 chapters dedicated to Marlos perfect false dealing grip and style. And so on. Im sure you can find yhe namea of all the chapters and contents included on conjuring archive.

You can also check out Marlo in Spades, which is a large collection of Marlo's tricks and effects.

RCT focuses on sleights and how to use and perfect them, MiS focuses on tricks and effects and how to use and perfect them.

Sep 23, 2017
USA
Honestly, I have many favorites, but Mathieu Bich is probably one of my favorite CREATIVE magicians. His tricks are phenomenal, and I even got to buy one of his. But if you're looking for a magician that inspired me, it has got to be Richard Turner without a doubt. The amount of practice and effort he has for cards is amazing, and he has easily taught me that repeated practice can achieve huge goals. In total magic has really shown me that practice is the true key to success.

Oct 4, 2017
Been doing alot of card magic lately but Im going to have to say Paul Gertner for his Unshuffled routine he did on Fool Us. Also very fond of Roberto Giobbi for his Card College series.

Aug 15, 2017
BTW...
it is 'who' is your favourite magician...not 'what' is your favourite generation.

101 advantages of studying in a really holy Christian school.
You become a grammmar nazi.
#grammar_nazi_zindabad

May 4, 2017
I would have to say the magician that has kept me going and got me started in magic would have to be Chris Ramsey. He does tutorials and he just all over is a great funny guy.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
At this moment Arthur Benjamin is my favorite. I love it all though. Marlo, Kimlat, Copperfield, Blaine, Brown, Vernon, Berglas, Jermay, all amazing.

I cry a little knowing that I will never see In and of Itself :(

Nov 30, 2017
Ponta the Smith, he's the guy who got me into magic. I remember the first time I saw his spellbound, I thought it was camera tricks. There are several guys who are smooth coin workers, but Ponta is just in a different class.

Dec 12, 2016
My favorite magician is... Jibrizy.

Just kidding, at this moment I have 4 favorite magicians: Shin Lim, Dani DaOrtiz, Chris Ramsay and Diego Allegri.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results